What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
T
Also tried to make my airbag code go away and to no luck got one of the plastic clips in but the other. (Nowhere to be found) yup lost it when I took out the bag. Looking for a replacement now.
Thats just a safety clip so the plug doesn’t accidentally get unplugged, it has no effect on any codes fyi.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where is that thing located at I may look into it with mine
It’s just forward the rear differential at the top of the tunnel. Dropping the spare tire allows you to get your arms in there to remove the lines. There’s a great video on YouTube that shows you how to remove the connectors because each one of them is a little different, for added comic relief.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Managed to get the new steering rack installed in the 2007 today. Also an easy job as long as you have a good air impact wrench to get those bolts off. No need to remove the outer tie rod ends from the steering knuckles, you can just spin the inner tie rod ends and the boots will slide around the shaft. Ended up replacing the driver side outer tie rod end because the 3 year old Driveworks one from advanced auto blew out already. The other side is a Moog so it’s still good.

2A03441E-7639-446E-9F0F-04BF09C6A730.jpeg

7960CC76-908F-4B89-AAE4-CF25D5B07182.jpeg

A keen eye will notice that I forgot to install the locknut on the inner tie rod end in the top photo. Oops. Easy fix.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Managed to get the new steering rack installed in the 2007 today. Also an easy job as long as you have a good air impact wrench to get those bolts off. No need to remove the outer tie rod ends from the steering knuckles, you can just spin the inner tie rod ends and the boots will slide around the shaft. Ended up replacing the driver side outer tie rod end because the 3 year old Driveworks one from advanced auto blew out already. The other side is a Moog so it’s still good.

View attachment 379349

View attachment 379350

A keen eye will notice that I forgot to install the locknut on the inner tie rod end. Oops. Easy fix.
You mean outer tie rod end?

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
T

Thats just a safety clip so the plug doesn’t accidentally get unplugged, it has no effect on any codes fyi.
Yeah, no. Without them you get a b00012 or 13 code I just went out and checked to see if one of my codes where cleared this ignition cycle, Yup. So now I only have one, and I'm willing to bet a get the other clip it will disappear. Read about it in adding a heated steering wheel if you want proof. Lol.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no. Without them you get a b00012 or 13 code I just went out and checked to see if one of my codes where cleared this ignition cycle, Yup. So now I only have one, and I'm willing to bet a get the other clip it will disappear. Read about it in adding a heated steering wheel if you want proof. Lol.
Post a pic of what clip you’re talking about. Is it the safety clip you remove in order to depress the locking tab?

Avalanche84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
From what I've read, this version of the 14 bolt only came with the g80 gov bomb. But on the listing for this, I don't remember seeing it mentioned. So we will find out...I'm hoping not, but also not having much hope.
What did this come out of? Curious cause im looking for one myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn