What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Installed a 2" leveling kit in the front.

I'm having an alignment done on Tuesday when I drop it off to have emissions inspection done for plate renewal.

I haven't had an alignment done since I've owned it. I noticed when we were on our summer Vaca that it seemed to pull a bit to the right, and I'd have to have the wheel turned slightly left. It may just be the tires.

Reaction score
I measured from ground to center of fender opening both before and after the install. Before the front measured 35" and back measured 37". Now they all measure 37"

I was going to do the spacer at the top of the strut, but I didn't feel like removing the struts and cutting the studs shorter so I just got the aluminum spacer that goes on the bottom of the shock. I also got the extension brackets for the front level sensors.

Install wasn't bad once I figured out what had to be done. With 4WD (AWD actually) the front axle shaft is in the way to put one of the bolts in (from the top down), so basically removed the top sway bar end link nut, the tie rod end nut, and the upper ball joint nut. After getting all that the hub can be tilted rearward to allow clearance for the bolt. Since I was doing this by myself I used a small bottle jack under the brake caliper to help hold it in place while I used a prybar to press the control arm down and get the bolts in through the shock/spacer/control arm.

Then to get the upper ball joint down into the top of the spindle so I could get the nut on it I had to use my breaker bar. It's actually a 3' piece of chain link fence post, but it works awesome.

A couple pics...

20220811_170448.jpg

20220811_170453.jpg

20220811_170520.jpg

When I had my Tech2 out the other day I took a pic of the ALC data screen that shows the sensor voltages

20220809_183840.jpg

After install I took the readings again

20220811_180007.jpg

Reaction score
Then after doing the ALC relearn I get these readings. Pretty much the same as before the lift, which is good.

20220811_180830.jpg

And then a not so good pic of the vehicle....

20220811_181148.jpg

I can really tell the difference in the height of the front end, especially the ground clearance under the front air dam

Reaction score
It looks a bit odd from the front. The wheels are closer in at the bottom and further out at the top \====/ I'm guessing the alignment will fix that.

I gotta still check the headlight alignment later tonight. Shouldn't be bad. When I adjusted my new headlights after installing them a couple years ago I didn't set them as high as they should've been

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gave both Denali's and our LR2 a fresh ceramic spray wax treatment with Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Spray Wax. Super impressed with this stuff. I've been using it every 2-3 months for the past year and the water still beads and grime doesn't stick right up until the next treatment. I didn't take pictures of the Denali's but did take some of the finish on the LR2. Keep in mind that it's 14 years old with 230K, and has been parked outside for the past 5 years.

1660322094784.png

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gave both Denali's and our LR2 a fresh ceramic spray wax treatment with Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Spray Wax. Super impressed with this stuff. I've been using it every 2-3 months for the past year and the water still beads and grime doesn't stick right up until the next treatment. I didn't take pictures of the Denali's but did take some of the finish on the LR2. Keep in mind that it's 14 years old with 230K, and has been parked outside for the past 5 years.

View attachment 377811

How far will one bottle take you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo