What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great news, miss that guy. Thanks brah.

Same here. It's like when one of the regulars at Moe's Tavern just inexplicably stops showing up. Sure, his seat at the bar soon gets replaced by a newcomer, but you still always wonder what happened and hope they're okay. He was our Lenny Leonard. Or Barney Gumble?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here. It's like when one of the regulars at Moe's Tavern just inexplicably stops showing up. Sure, his seat at the bar soon gets replaced by a newcomer, but you still always wonder what happened and hope they're okay. He was our Lenny Leonard. Or Barney Gumble?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About to tackle the other side of the tahoe's ball joints and strut replacement.
but I'm dragging ass today. :jester:

As I continue to regret my lifter choice and not fully understanding how they relate to oil pressure and the subsequent flooding of my intake valve seals...
I noticed this valley cover that has a breather and a baffle system included...

View attachment 373095

I'm not even sure if it would clearance the OEM steam vents or cause issues with the intake setup on our trucks.
But it does seem to be deliberate to pick up gasses from the middle of the valley as to not get direct splashing from the camshaft.

:hmmm2:

Anyone ever looked at one of these to see if it would even work?

Cool! That looks like the LS6 valley cover (Gen3), but without the knock sensor tubes and with caps for the AFM towers for a Gen4. I wonder how effective it is compared to the DS valve cover baffle. Please tell me you're gonna try it out!

The standard go-to is the "LS3" valley cover (#12598832). It's $50-$60. I wonder if that Chevrolet Performance one is $79 better.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
@Just Fishing here is that $25 seat cover from eBay you found installed thanks man. We will see how it holds up.

View attachment 373120
Came out great. Remember, when getting out step on the running board and lift your butt up--try not to slide out. Sliding out is what breaks the foam and the cover down prematurely. Jeans especially are rough on the material.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came out great. Remember, when getting out step on the running board and lift your butt up--try not to slide out. Sliding out is what breaks the foam and the cover down prematurely. Jeans especially are rough on the material.

This is what I've always done. It seems almost pointless being lowered. But, it saves the seat.

This subject always reminds me of an ex-coworker from years ago. He was old, short and very round. I have the image burned in my head of that one day I was pulling into the lot at work just as he was getting out of his Ram 1500. He was parked sideways on a slope so he let the door just swing freely and bang against the hinge's stops a few times. Then he wriggled his legs to the side, tucked his arms and planked himself like he was doing a luge and slid out the truck. I had to drive that truck once and I kept sliding into the door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz