What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine cracked on my way back from Havasu in 116F summer, not a cloud in sight.
It was perfectly fine, pulled into a gas station(parked in the shade) for some cold drinks, came out like 5 mins later, had a crack...assuming it started from a chip I couldn't see, right on the edge of the windshield.
That’s the typical thing

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now onto the wifes 05 ac fan quit blowing yesterday in the middle of a heat wave, I am pretty sure it's the resistor (again) or the wires melted, no fan at any speed
it was the fan motor going bad, the connector to the fan was melting on both sides, resistor looked good, ran out to the junkyard and got a motor and connector, pulled the pins out and put them in the new connector, put the motor in good to go. $39

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Well I got the strut installed, and I didn't die or create any holes in the ceiling.
:cool:

Singing "I'm doing some sketch shit" song I made up as I worked. :emotions33:

I got to the 2in lift puck thing that I planned to install on the top of the strut.
Then here I am looking at how the strut sits in there.
I notice this center part of the strut that seems to line up nicely with this part on the frame.
Almost like they designed it to be supported/centered....

:banghead:

Yeah I don't think I'm going to level the tahoe that way now...

I'm glad I looked before i went ahead and started trimming bolts off of the very expensive retaining plates.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the things I noticed as a snowbelt traveler, when I get down south l, is you guys have way more debris on the shoulders and along the centers and the medians. Up here they have to plow snow and usually the snow acts like a sweeping compound and sweeps all that debris way off onto the shoulder and way into the median so we don’t have as much debris to kick up into windshields.

Yeah, we trashy.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got the strut installed, and I didn't die or create any holes in the ceiling.
:cool:

Singing "I'm doing some sketch shit" song I made up as I worked. :emotions33:

I got to the 2in lift puck thing that I planned to install on the top of the strut.
Then here I am looking at how the strut sits in there.
I notice this center part of the strut that seems to line up nicely with this part on the frame.
Almost like they designed it to be supported/centered....

:banghead:

Yeah I don't think I'm going to level the tahoe that way now...

I'm glad I looked before i went ahead and started trimming bolts off of the very expensive retaining plates.
Mine had a 1"(=2" at the wheel) spacer on the bottom of the strut, and if you wanted 2.5", then you could add the 1/4" spacer on top of the strut.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Mine had a 1"(=2" at the wheel) spacer on the bottom of the strut, and if you wanted 2.5", then you could add the 1/4" spacer on top of the strut.

I like that idea better, that 1in plate at the top won't work for me.
It needs some sort of centering for the top of the strut imo.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that idea better, that 1in plate at the top won't work for me.
It needs some sort of centering for the top of the strut imo.
This is the kit I bought, but I only paid like $100 for it...
Also, when I did the King coil-over swap, I pulled it all off, been sitting in a box since. If anyone wants it, just needs new nuts/bolts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts