What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My mishimoto just started leaking exactly where you described your cold case is leaking at. I'm pretty pissed at 14 months it's leaking and I'm not even saying what I paid for it .... I'm not sure what my next move is yet with mine

My mishimoto just starting leaking and it's 14 months old
Damn. I heard about the aluminum radiators having issues and not lasting long but I figured the Cold Case or Mishimoto wouldn’t fail. Kinda glad when I replaced the one in my NBS for maintenance I decided to go with OEM. The original one lasted 150k and 18 years and was actually still good when I pulled it. Even with a blower I never overheat and have hauled some heavy trailers too.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s with the broken windshields down there? Must be a Texas thing.:emotions33:

Or a southern thing? The safety manager at work said he's had to replace more windshields in our vans in the south than anywhere else. He assumed it's the type of roads/aggregate we have here. I'm guessing our roads differ from those where it gets colder? I usually get a new one every year or two, at most. I wait until my inspection is due then get the new windshield and sticker at the same time. Then see 'em 12 months later cuz I'm sure to have stars and cracks all over, including in my field of vision.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s with the broken windshields down there? Must be a Texas thing.:emotions33:

Mine cracked on my way back from Havasu in 116F summer, not a cloud in sight.
It was perfectly fine, pulled into a gas station(parked in the shade) for some cold drinks, came out like 5 mins later, had a crack...assuming it started from a chip I couldn't see, right on the edge of the windshield.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
New rear shocks installed.
I found a few items I might have broken while traveling through the sage brush... :violin2:
back bumper has a little mount to keep it from flapping in the wind, broken/torn.

fixed it with my fancy safety wire pliers!
best wire twister ever. :jester:

Tried out my spare tire crane for the first time ever.
0 rust, runs smooth!

that's one thing that's good about the hoemare, even though it's northern Utah, that thing looks as of it was never driven in the snow/salt.

And my struts got dropped off late last night.
No hurry UPS...

Started looking over my upper control arms, I bought moog.

One of the control arms shows a nice clear moog branding
it's on the control arm it self, top of the ball joint, and on the boot.

the other control arm came in a sealed moog box.
clear moog pn that looks like the other one on the sealed bag.

but the control arm it self has no moog branding.
the boot is un branded as well, but it is of their style.

top of the ball joint is flat, where the branded moog control arm has a dome.

inside of the joint, I can see the top of the "Gusher" ball joint in the non branded one.

branded one has this weird ittle blocker so I can't see down in there.
I had to confirm it allowed grease to *********, and it does.

So to be 100% sure I don't need to return/exchange, I started looking around at pictures online.
The one i have seems to match those images.

so weird!

maybe related to supply issues, they took what they could get?

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
For snow and other "minor" situations where 4HI will work. Those usually also have 3.08 gears too.

I had this rental "dodge Nitro"
neat suv, kinda fun to drive
real nice exhaust note for factory, shifting was also pleasant.
Felt like it cut the ignition for each shift, reminded me of a motorcycle I had where the shifter hit/wore through a wire and would short out the ignition each time I up shifted. :jester:

Anyways, it had a few "woman" features that i remember.
One of those was this "2wd / 4wd" selector.

Hit me as a grocery getter, for woman only.

but then again, ours has that "automatic" selector option that is 100% for the woman that has noidea how to deal with the extra options.
My wife likes that very much. :emotions36:
She likes hers where it's AWD even more, no thinking just drive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dzg9