What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody running e85 ever have it throw codes? Just put my second tank of e85 & got p0174 & p0171. Lean on both banks. Idol isn't rough & truck runs down the highway fine.
Yeah, you have any way to see your ethanol content sensor?
It's common for the virtual sensor procedure to read much lower ethanol than whats actually in the tank.
it might only read 20-40%E despite it actually being 70%+.

Mine actually ready about 60%E when it was closer to 75+ for months and no codes, didnt realize it was incorrect.
Then it finally dropped to reading 40% and threw a lean code.
Tried the "run a few tanks of regular gas through it to reset it" didnt help. Tank after that reported 20-30%.
Filled up on gas again and used the tech2 to reset it, still no luck after.
Ended up putting a physical sensor on it and no issues since.

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright this is driving me absolutely nuts. I have the radio pulled apart again trying to get steering wheel controls to work. Pioneer DMH-A245BT with Crux SOOGM-16 interface.

When I go to the steering wheel control settings on the Pioneer, it tells you to hold down the button to register... well it is treating both volume up and down buttons as a single button. So when I try to assign one function, it unassigns the other, but both buttons will volume up or down only. Any ideas??

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright this is driving me absolutely nuts. I have the radio pulled apart again trying to get steering wheel controls to work. Pioneer DMH-A245BT with Crux SOOGM-16 interface.

When I go to the steering wheel control settings on the Pioneer, it tells you to hold down the button to register... well it is treating both volume up and down buttons as a single button. So when I try to assign one function, it unassigns the other, but both buttons will volume up or down only. Any ideas??
Buy a Maestro interface. Never heard of the Crux. With the Maestro, programming is done with a browser.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a Maestro interface. Never heard of the Crux. With the Maestro, programming is done with a browser.
Yeah, the maestro makes it super easy. I didn't even have steering wheel buttons when I bought the car, had it in got the maestro looked it all up to the pioneer and everything worked perfectly.

13UpInSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you have any way to see your ethanol content sensor?
It's common for the virtual sensor procedure to read much lower ethanol than whats actually in the tank.
it might only read 20-40%E despite it actually being 70%+.

Mine actually ready about 60%E when it was closer to 75+ for months and no codes, didnt realize it was incorrect.
Then it finally dropped to reading 40% and threw a lean code.
Tried the "run a few tanks of regular gas through it to reset it" didnt help. Tank after that reported 20-30%.
Filled up on gas again and used the tech2 to reset it, still no luck after.
Ended up putting a physical sensor on it and no issues since.
So you replaced the factory sensor? I just put 16 gallons of ethenol free gas plus a can of VP quantum octane booster to see if I can can get back to e10 ish

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you replaced the factory sensor? I just put 16 gallons of ethenol free gas plus a can of VP quantum octane booster to see if I can can get back to e10 ish
Well, the virtual sensor isn't actually a sensor. It does some weird magical test stuff between the oxygen sensors and fuel trims and such to roughly figure out the alcohol content. And most of the time it actually works good enough.
But for some reason that system happens to get angry and read very incorrectly.

So there isn't an actual flex fuel sensor from the factory, but you can add one like the older(and newer) vehicles actually came with.
But you have to go into the tune and tell the computer that it now has a physical sensor and not a virtual sensor as well.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if there’s anything to this, but…
The AC on thecopcar seems kinda slow. The air coming out is chilly, but doesn’t seem to be moving fast, unless I turn the fan way up. I usually leave it right in the middle.
I t does get cool inside, but it’s taking a little longer than before.
I pulled the gauges out this morning to test it. Compressor ON, it reads 175 on high and 32 on low. Compressor OFF, it reads a bit under 150 oh high And 55 on low.
the empty can on the gauges had a bit in it apparently. It got chilly for a bit. I didn’t see any pressure changes, so it wasn’t much.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if there’s anything to this, but…
The AC on thecopcar seems kinda slow. The air coming out is chilly, but doesn’t seem to be moving fast, unless I turn the fan way up. I usually leave it right in the middle.
I t does get cool inside, but it’s taking a little longer than before.
I pulled the gauges out this morning to test it. Compressor ON, it reads 175 on high and 32 on low. Compressor OFF, it reads a bit under 150 oh high And 55 on low.
the empty can on the gauges had a bit in it apparently. It got chilly for a bit. I didn’t see any pressure changes, so it wasn’t much.
If you put it on heat, do you get the same air flow or is it just on A/C?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo