What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They rub a lot up front and it started to get annoying. I didn’t wanted to do the 2x4/baseball trick. I also wanted some more meat on the tire since I’m going to start driving more to California.

I think 24's are the ideal size for this body style. I wish I could run them. But I live in SC, the pothole capitol of the US (or maybe second behind Michigan). Everyone I know who've run 24's has had to have at least one wheel repaired. Maybe I should move.
I was running 26’s and it was my daily. I hit a big pothole at night in the pouring rain and bent one. The state of Oregon paid for the wheel since it was a state highway. It was a Dub and cost them about $500. That’s when I went to 22’s for everything except summer but I ended up running them all year. Those 26’s did rub a bit even after trimming and bending things but I kinda wish I’d compromised at 24’s. I think they would take a decent pothole, and we are right up there in that department.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was running 26’s and it was my daily. I hit a big pothole at night in the pouring rain and bent one. The state of Oregon paid for the wheel since it was a state highway. It was a Dub and cost them about $500. That’s when I went to 22’s for everything except summer but I ended up running them all year. Those 26’s did rub a bit even after trimming and bending things but I kinda wish I’d compromised at 24’s. I think they would take a decent pothole, and we are right up there in that department.
I ran over a huge rock on the way home and bent one of my 24s. I feel your pain. My cousin had 28s on his back in 09-10. Them tires where paper thin

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As i get older, that sounds nice.
few years ago i would have a few beers and get some yard or garage work done.

Now I have a few beers, think about getting work done.
Then just take a nap.
:yaoface2:
One of the many reasons I quit drinking. Nothing was getting done, it was always “ one more beer, then I’m gonna do that”. And then ”ok, just one more beer” and on and on. Pretty soon I was too drunk to do anything except grab another beer. Sigh. I don’t miss it at all. Now I just drink coffee and get sh*t done. I feel way better. :cool:

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped out spark plugs after work today. The part# of what came out was different than what was given to me at AutoZone, so fingers crossed. All the old plugs were waaaay over .040" gap.

nEQYz9s.jpg

w8Uijff.jpg

The back plugs on each side were a little bit of a PITA, but I reached through the wheel-wells to make things easier.

Also installed a CAI the other day, but have been busy with work/life I didn't share any pics. Easily added 150hp.....

It sounds cool, that's for sure.

Rt2rlBq.jpg

hKnN6FI.jpg

Also bought an in./lb. torque wrench and checked the ten intake manifold bolts. Over half were loose on the first pass torque spec., and all were loose on the second pass torque spec, so thanks for the tip to check them for looseness. I "think" it sealed up to the point where there's less noise under load/heavy throttle. (air sucking in and bypassing the intake manifold gasket)

Last edited:

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
One of the many reasons I quit drinking. Nothing was getting done, it was always “ one more beer, then I’m gonna do that”. And then ”ok, just one more beer” and on and on. Pretty soon I was too drunk to do anything except grab another beer. Sigh. I don’t miss it at all. Now I just drink coffee and get sh*t done. I feel way better. :cool:
No ****. Or doing stuff while drinking then having to redo the work later because drunk me was not as good as he thought.

Last edited:

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They rub a lot up front and it started to get annoying. I didn’t wanted to do the 2x4/baseball trick. I also wanted some more meat on the tire since I’m going to start driving more to California.

Is it an optical illusion or is your front tire pitched (negative camber) at the top?
And do you have either spacers or wider tires on the back?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it an optical illusion or is your front tire pitched (negative camber) at the top?

No spacers, same tires all around 285/45/22 and i don’t know about the camber. I know there is a camber kit on there cause it’s lowered.

I had to go back and look at this. It definitely looks like strong negative camber in the second pic. Could be the body shapes messing with our eyes, though. @Kee Fuller, if you've been driving like that for a while, then the 24s you took off would have bad inner shoulder wear. If they were fine, then it's just an illusion. She's a sexy beast, for sure, though.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No spacers, same tires all around 285/45/22 and i don’t know about the camber. I know there is a camber kit on there cause it’s lowered.
I see that too but only in the second pic, not the one with the 24“ reps.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to go back and look at this. It definitely looks like strong negative camber in the second pic. Could be the body shapes messing with our eyes, though. @Kee Fuller, if you've been driving like that for a while, then the 24s you took off would have bad inner shoulder wear. If they were fine, then it's just an illusion. She's a sexy beast, for sure, though.
No inner wear. Sold them to a kid out here last week. Tires look great. Here’s another couple of pics of it

Attachments

• B531B66E-CAED-4B4B-91C5-6D8E651DC9EE.jpeg
    B531B66E-CAED-4B4B-91C5-6D8E651DC9EE.jpeg
    435.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 7280F6CE-2EB4-4FB9-BCE9-ACE53B0C19C2.jpeg
    7280F6CE-2EB4-4FB9-BCE9-ACE53B0C19C2.jpeg
    492.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member