What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking back trying to remember if I ever had a "bad" experience in a dealer service department and besides perhaps paying $1.50 for a $1 job, I can't say I have. Here in Boise, I use the local GMC dealer service department from time to time and they have been more than great. In fact, I can say for certain they have saved me thousands working with GM NA. In addition, they charge $25 for an oil/filter change. The only reason I don't use them for oil changes is I prefer WIX filters (Napa). I am certain other people have the polar opposite to say about them, but I am certain the crap Bill had to put up with wouldn't happen at the local GMC dealer here.

I know for a fact my anecdotes don't represent the norm (just based on credible people here), but I would just say, I don't think they ALL are bad or don't care what I think about the service. Hell, they badger me constantly to "know how they did", when I go in for something. :)
Unfortunately that’s not the norm. I’m sure there’s good and bad ones and all in between. Glad you have a good one. Myself, I’ve never had a vehicle under GM’s warranty because I’d rather buy something used and make it into something I want to drive without anybody to tell me I can’t do this or that or my warranty will be void. So I have no use for them anyway. There’s zero I would trust them to do to my vehicles.

The one thing I really tried to work with them was her $1500 (each) headlights that spiderwebbed like crazy on her Cruze and they said it wasn’t covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. Headlights were exclusively written into the warranty as an item not covered. But they said they would work with us with GM customer service to get them paid for. It went on for 2 months and their final offer was 40% off list price but the service dept had to do the work, and labor was like $600-800 because the front of the car (bumper etc) had to come off. So it was still about $2500 to do both. I ended up buying used ones that looked perfect and replaced them myself for $500. I don’t remember them asking me how they did, there wasn’t much doubt lol. Out of my only 2 experiences with them, it couldn’t have been much worse both times. :(

Sobro

Reaction score
Yesterday I pulled the driver's armrest switchgear because the front passenger window "up" switch was intermittent then inoperative. I didn't use tootpaste because every one of my contacts looked a lot better than the ones in the video. I just swabbed them down with alcohol and all is good.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I pulled the driver's armrest switchgear because the front passenger window "up" switch was intermittent then inoperative. I didn't use tootpaste because every one of my contacts looked a lot better than the ones in the video. I just swabbed them down with alcohol and all is good.

I will be doing this!!! Thanks!!!

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately that’s not the norm. I’m sure there’s good and bad ones and all in between. Glad you have a good one. Myself, I’ve never had a vehicle under GM’s warranty because I’d rather buy something used and make it into something I want to drive without anybody to tell me I can’t do this or that or my warranty will be void. So I have no use for them anyway. There’s zero I would trust them to do to my vehicles.

The one thing I really tried to work with them was her $1500 (each) headlights that spiderwebbed like crazy on her Cruze and they said it wasn’t covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. Headlights were exclusively written into the warranty as an item not covered. But they said they would work with us with GM customer service to get them paid for. It went on for 2 months and their final offer was 40% off list price but the service dept had to do the work, and labor was like $600-800 because the front of the car (bumper etc) had to come off. So it was still about $2500 to do both. I ended up buying used ones that looked perfect and replaced them myself for $500. I don’t remember them asking me how they did, there wasn’t much doubt lol. Out of my only 2 experiences with them, it couldn’t have been much worse both times. :(
I believe you and know your's isn’t an isolated experience. The last new GM I bought was my Yukon and I think I may have had like one visit for a TCM replacement under warranty. I do also understand that experience also is not the norm, at least these days, if the forum way up top is any judge.

We bought my wife a new hybrid Highlander a while back. The dealer closest to us has a terrible reputation, so I decided to drive a little.

The car came with like 2 or 3 years free factory service, so we take it back to that dealer for the regular maintenance stuff. Crimany, we get treatment I expect the Ferrari customer in Manhattan might not get. I usually wait for it to be done, I always get a couple of visits by some young thing asking if I would like a bottle of water, the local paper to read? It is a frickin Toyota Highlander. These guys definitely care if we like the service.

It might be as much the place as the dealers. It is still a relatively small city and the guys that own most of the dealers here, are from here. The one bad dealer I mentioned above, while still somewhat regional in his "conglomerate" approach, is a corporation with a capital C and it seems to show. The family owned businesses, no comparison.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Never heard of toothpaste but a pencil eraser works wonders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10