What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My 2001 rear calipers are dual piston.

My 2012 rear calipers are single piston.

The 2001 calipers are shorter in length then the 2012 caliper though.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah my ethanol sensor in my truck is stuck........reads 23% at all times

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard him say you'll get your meat back after 90% of the population is vaccinated

Single, that was the reason for my inquiry. I'd like to upgrade the rear calipers

My 2001 rear calipers are dual piston.

My 2012 rear calipers are single piston.

The 2001 calipers are shorter in length then the 2012 caliper though.
It’s weird to me that the NNBS rears have a bigger rotor than the NBS yet they’re single piston while the NBS are dual piston with smaller rotors. It seems to me the NBS dual piston would actually be better even though they have smaller rotors. Thoughts?

Reaction score
It’s weird to me that the NNBS rears have a bigger rotor than the NBS yet they’re single piston while the NBS are dual piston with smaller rotors. It seems to me the NBS dual piston would actually be better even though they have smaller rotors. Thoughts?
I don't know if they would or not. I do know that on my 2001 I go through rear brake pads quicker than the front pads. I always thought the brake bias should be higher in the front than rear, but it seems to be opposite on it. Maybe that's why they changed the caliper style on the NNBS

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She was speechless, figuratively and literally! That was the part of the video right before she was holding her stomach. :D

This is the part that makes me unable to wait for her to start driving. The thought of paying insurance kills it, though! I'm hoping she'll accompany me under the Tahoe for the oil change coming up in 600 miles. She's such a bookworm- maybe I can slip in some custom car mags for her to read. Maybe we can nerd out on sound waves and calculating enclosure volumes for the Tahoe's sub system. :p
Tell her you need help with some math. Crunching numbers for the mpg or some assistance getting the tuning dialed in. Kids always like helping when they can teach something new to the older generation.

Not trying to pry, but have any of you guys with kids (in their teens) thought about or looked into building their credit? Credit score, and the fair issac corporation (fico) score weigh heavily in the cost of an insurance premium. Most drivers under 25 don’t good or any credit, but their adjuster never bothers to tell them that they can lower their premium by having a better credit score.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don't know if they would or not. I do know that on my 2001 I go through rear brake pads quicker than the front pads. I always thought the brake bias should be higher in the front than rear, but it seems to be opposite on it. Maybe that's why they changed the caliper style on the NNBS

My 02’ was different than your 01’. Mine had dual pistons and the rotors were smaller than my 11’. I never compared the height of the OEM rotors, but I know the aftermarket are thicker and taller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM