What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in PA, my son is getting his license in about 3 weeks. He has been on a learners permit the last 5 months.

I have State Farm, my agent told me even if he has his own insurance on his car, gets into an accident, the other party and or insurance co. Can still come after us for the balance etc.

I’ll keep him on ours, if we only had 2 cars he would of been an occasional driver. Really me 2 vehicles… in the garage perhaps.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Every time I've checked, Louisiana was always in the top 3-5. Maybe it changes month to month, but I don't ever recall seeing Jersey anywhere near the top. Maybe different reports use different metrics? LA used to always be riding the coattails of Michigan, but we finally achieved yet another "first in the worst".

That's news to me.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only 2,000 miles on the oil, but it sure looked and smelled like it was in there for 5 or 6,000. Definitely glad I changed it especially considering even the oil pressure looked a little lower than normal presumably from the overheating and breaking down of said oil.
Cheap insurance, especially before a decent little trip in a few days.
I changed mine and installed the Wix 57045 - longer version of our oil filter with NO bypass. My oil pressure is definitely higher. Now using Mobil 1 5-30 high mileage.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed mine and installed the Wix 57045 - longer version of our oil filter with NO bypass. My oil pressure is definitely higher. Now using Mobil 1 5-30 high mileage.
I've been using rotella t6 since I bought it. With Lucas, because racecar or I mean, old beater.
K&n filters or just the blue Delco filters.
Warm idle sits around 30, and warm 6,000 is around 55psi(on the gauge)... I need to get a tech2, nothing else I have seems to be able to read actual oil pressure.

Longer filter sounds good

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just one random site on the internet's take on car insurance rates by state:

1. Louisiana
2. Michigan
3. Florida
4. California
5. Missouri
6. DC
7. Rhode Island
8. Wyoming
9. Texas
10. Georgia
11. Montana
12. Connecticut
13. South Dakota
30. New Jersey
37. Oregon
48. Idaho

Louisiana was about $1000 higher per year on average than what those in DC are paying, nutty high. The site does have some credibility with me as they list Idaho as 48th and when we moved here from CA (a long time ago now) my USAA rates dropped by almost 50%.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine (virtual sensor) on E85 will vary a little but mostly stays at 22%. Haven't checked it on E10 or E0. Any ideas?
Yeah the virtual sensor is a dumb friggin design. I'm sure to get it working would require changing the fuel pump or sending unit.

It was working back in the spring, but is now stuck. Apparently there is no way to adjust it via HP Tuners; per my tuner

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell her you need help with some math. Crunching numbers for the mpg or some assistance getting the tuning dialed in. Kids always like helping when they can teach something new to the older generation.

Not trying to pry, but have any of you guys with kids (in their teens) thought about or looked into building their credit? Credit score, and the fair issac corporation (fico) score weigh heavily in the cost of an insurance premium. Most drivers under 25 don’t good or any credit, but their adjuster never bothers to tell them that they can lower their premium by having a better credit score.
Once mine are a bit older I will add them to my AMEX accounts to help establish/build their credit. You can add kids to them at 13 years old, doesn't mean they have to actually hold the card either.

I'll add them and use those cards a couple times amonth to build history

Reaction score
Yeah the virtual sensor is a dumb friggin design. I'm sure to get it working would require changing the fuel pump or sending unit.

It was working back in the spring, but is now stuck. Apparently there is no way to adjust it via HP Tuners; per my tuner
The virtual sensor can be reset with a Tech2, but you need to be running E10 or less

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once mine are a bit older I will add them to my AMEX accounts to help establish/build their credit. You can add kids to them at 13 years old, doesn't mean they have to actually hold the card either.

I'll add them and use those cards a couple times amonth to build history
I wondered how old they had to be and am guessing they changed it to reflect the age of kids getting pregnant nowadays.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got some free time and got the rear sway bar (Hellwig) and Spohn panhard bar installed this week. Next will be the front sway bar. I've got to overcome the bolt my 14 year old rounded off back in the Spring for that install. Fun fun fun.

swaypanhardinstall.jpg

swaypanhardinstall2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartman