What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe lower it one hole... looks just a tad high to me.
I just had it zip tied on there over the original one just to get an idea of how it will look, I could maybe find a grill without the emblem and put this on it or put in down on the bottom, I don't know just floating the idea. If I use this grill I will have to shave the original emblem mount off flush, just trying to see if it looked huge on the grill in comparison to the real estate

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep a close eye on it,
There are some things in the valve body that affect that.
Usually the pressure switches start going wonky when they start splitting.

There is also a pressure regulator valve that starts wearing out, fixed via a transgo or sonnax kit...
I’m an idiot. Was low. Checked it at the wrong temp. Good to go now. Lol

Monz11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently my build is at a stand still, due to COVID and backlog...No Maggy, on a 2 month wait....

Although, I do have a crap load of NBS parts, if anyone is looking for the 07-14 models, i.e. headlights, taillights, radiator, tranny cooler, oil cooler, intake manifold, lines, hoses, etc.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't had the hoe very long, but i do plan on adding a catch can.
I have one on the old vette, pcv system would pass oil to the #2 cylinder... pita with the wide band 02 sensor and tuning.

After running with it for a while now, I'm sold on the catch can idea.
:893karatesmiley-thu

And it was something i noticed after the first oil change in the hoe.
I like to use a half can of seafoam in the oil every few oil changes, drive for a short time and then change the oil and filter.

I did that with the hoe and was amazed how bad the oil looked, it upset years of built up gunk.

Stupid oil change monitor...
In my wifes car i use it as a general reminder, but i go off of how the oil looks vs miles.

But then again, I'm pretty sure the hoe was someones heavy duty minivan... lol

Should have seen the brake fluid... :confused:

I also have noidea what kind of oil the po used.
Per the carfax, the oil changes were mostly done by the dealer, and just a few quick oil change places.

This is the Highest mile car i have ever purchased... lol

I always go by the 3-4k mile, or every season. What ever comes first rule.

I have been running this thing with the dod/afm disabled via hp tuners.

Think there would be any benefit to enable it for a short time after i have everything sorted to hopefully flush the system out a little?

Or better to keep it off until I'm ready/willing to do a full gut and a mild cam thrown in?

Also, i haven't noticed any change in the oil level.
But i also haven't driven it much yet.
Maybe a thousand miles or less.

Sounds like you're in good shape. Unless you wanna keep AFM operational in case you ever wanna turn it back on (I don't know why one would ever want to do this), there's no need to re-enable it, especially if you're gonna delete it one day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadi awais