What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glisella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, that part can be replaced. It's obviously a separate part that is screwed into the pan since it's steel and the pan is aluminum. I've always known them as an "oil filter adapter" since it's what is used when you're adapting a filter to a filter boss, such as on an aftermarket remote filter kit, etc.

...After a little digging, it looks like it is part number 12552357 and the proper name for it is "fitting" or "connector". Do your research to confirm as there are different threads sizes between the years.

Thank you for quick reply and pointing in right direction. Looks like that part number isn't for the 6.2L engine and I can't find anything on RockAuto, GM Parts Direct or Amazon for my year/engine under oil filter fitting, adapter or connector. However, since I know what to call the part I'll ask local dealership tomorrow if they can get it or know the p/n. I'll report back once I get answer.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for quick reply and pointing in right direction. Looks like that part number isn't for the 6.2L engine and I can't find anything on RockAuto, GM Parts Direct or Amazon for my year/engine under oil filter fitting, adapter or connector. However, since I know what to call the part I'll ask local dealership tomorrow if they can get it or know the p/n. I'll report back once I get answer.

Dammit! I was reading in the GMT800 thread right before replying to you so I had that generation on my mind. Yeah, the previous generation has an SAE thread for the oil filter and the GMT900 is metric. Lemme see if I can find your correct part number...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65