What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This is the tool I bought, it's magnetic and reversible for removal/install getting the old belt off was super easy, getting it back on was a little trickier because there is a metal tab that sticks out around the harmonic balllancer so you have to place it just right while turning it with a ratchet. I saw a youtube video of a guy doing it with a flat head screw driver though, made it look pretty easy
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stretch-Belt-Remover-Installer-LIS-59370-Brand-New/262286651817?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=1&asc=20131003132420&meid=ddc7bd3d62764b4eafc12edacbd5fcfe&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=12&mehot=pf&sd=201707693830&itm=262286651817&pmt=1&noa=0&pg=2047675&algv=SimplAMLv5PairwiseWeb&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Ordered this tool and Gates belt From Rockauto today. $32.71 delivered. Was messing around and just flexing the belt with the engine off caused noise. I had some spray graphite lube so I gave it a shot while it was running. No more noise for now. Will swap the belt out next week.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya I went thru all that last year when I replaced the alternator and the RVC sensor, those settings are only temporary it doesn't make permanent changes. I think maybe it just doesn't like my AGM battery's like @swathdiver said

Wish I could remember where I read that. Might have been a Tech Link article or something. You might want to see if the TDS system has an updated program for the charging module. Write down the part number for your charging modules as viewed through Tech-2 and then go to Tis2Web and see if there is a newer calibration for your truck. Then decide if you want to update it or not. I see one for my transfer case but it runs fine...

So they're just for testing I guess? I figured they would be permanent because I thought they were under the module setup (or whatever it's called)

Double check next time you're in there but pretty sure it is for testing only.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish I could remember where I read that. Might have been a Tech Link article or something. You might want to see if the TDS system has an updated program for the charging module. Write down the part number for your charging modules as viewed through Tech-2 and then go to Tis2Web and see if there is a newer calibration for your truck. Then decide if you want to update it or not. I see one for my transfer case but it runs fine...

Double check next time you're in there but pretty sure it is for testing only.
unless it's something relatively new then I don't think there is anything available I had the dealer do a update for something a while back before I started using TDS and they told me they had all updates available performed on the BCM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo