What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Ok just got the call, truck passed the safety inspection but not the emmisions. They say they can't read my computer when they plug into it?????? Apparently it is in a reset mode and it needs to be driven 40 - 50 miles and brought back to try again>>?>?>? WTF? I am wondering if this was caused by the Range AFM device when I unplugged it when I dropped it off last night????? Didn't have this issue last year. :confused:o_O:(:mad:

Stupid readiness monitors.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid readiness monitors.

that would be my guess unless the battery got disconnected recently

Readiness monitors? You think the Range device caused this when I unplugged it? They asked if I disconnected the battery and I said no hasn't been disconnected for months since I added my sub box. Any advice here fellas?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Readiness monitors? You think the Range device caused this when I unplugged it? They asked if I disconnected the battery and I said no hasn't been disconnected for months since I added my sub box. Any advice here fellas?
that would be the only other explanation if you didn't have the battery disconnected or have it go dead recently, nothing would mess with the computer except whatever was plugged into the obd port, if you cleared any codes with a scanner recently that could have done it also

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

The obd check for emissions includes that a certain number of and/or specific system monitors show a "ready" state. This includes catalytic efficiency, evap, etc... I bet @Rocket Man is right, and that Range device spoofs something for the AFM. When you remove it, that module shows "not ready". You need to drive it. You won't have any way to know the readiness state without a scanner, but usually 20-30 minutes or 40-50 miles will do it. Vary your driving and get her good and hot.

Quick google for basic info...
https://www.google.com/search?q=i/m...droid-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. :hands: I'll run if for the week without the device and drop it off again next Sunday night to be re-tested.

On a positive note everything else passed with flying colors. :happy107::chewie: Just got to get the sniffer passed for my new stickers.

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
Went to advance Auto and bought a new advance gold battery for $132 after 25% off coupon online and core charge refunded.

Tested the old one and said it was dead. Like dead dead.

Everything works like a charm now.

Replaced the intake bracket on the wife's jeep as it was broke and only found out a few weeks ago before vacation. They mailed me one free of charge (k&n). Decided while I was there to clean her filter, maf, and throttle body as well. Just waiting for the filter lube to dry and will put it back on.
de7c8a4af37e6a0d10abc306cd9ae955.jpg1a3825910f8eadf87966fa6983d5c6b3.jpg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to advance Auto and bought a new advance gold battery for $132 after 25% off coupon online and core charge refunded.

Tested the old one and said it was dead. Like dead dead.

Everything works like a charm now.

Replaced the intake bracket on the wife's jeep as it was broke and only found out a few weeks ago before vacation. They mailed me one free of charge (k&n). Decided while I was there to clean her filter, maf, and throttle body as well. Just waiting for the filter lube to dry and will put it back on.
de7c8a4af37e6a0d10abc306cd9ae955.jpg1a3825910f8eadf87966fa6983d5c6b3.jpg
Glad you got it fixed!
Don’t forget to check the dipstick!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts