What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced all 4 shocks, decided to ditch the rims I was attempting to run due to offset issues and not wanting to "Norcal Mod" my fenders. I scored a set of factory GM 17" 8x6.5 from a 2008 GMC 2500HD and installed my 285/70/17 BFG KO2's on them. Also replaced all 4 O2 sensors and replaced my blower fan, relay harness and relay. Runs a lot better :)
is it riding any different with the wheel change?

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
I park at the Lloyd Center which is a walk but it’s free. It takes maybe 15 minutes to walk from there. Still faster than parking at Moda. It takes longer than that just to get out.
Fair. I live in Eugene and hate dealing with the lack of parking here in Portland. Im enjoying the show so far but not looking forward to the drive home

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
is it riding any different with the wheel change?

Rides a lot better, especially in the curves. The are new GM rims are 17x7.5 vs my old GM 16x6.5, both are running a 285. The Atturo AT's that were on the 16's had a weak side wall and to wide for a 6.5 wide. The BFG's have a lot stronger side wall and is a lot more confident in handling

Tonkatoy

Reaction score
You will love the Wilwoods, trust me. Did you get the 16” 6 piston fronts/ 14.25” rears?
Question how did you hold down the small nuts on the top pins on the calipers? It’s an 11 or 12 mm but a socket does not fit over it?

thanks

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question how did you hold down the small nuts on the top pins on the calipers? It’s an 11 or 12 mm but a socket does not fit over it?

thanks
If I remember right, those are done with a 12 point socket. Take a picture and post it. I don't have a good shot, this is the best I have.

IMG_7258.JPG

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Replaced all 4 shocks, decided to ditch the rims I was attempting to run due to offset issues and not wanting to "Norcal Mod" my fenders. I scored a set of factory GM 17" 8x6.5 from a 2008 GMC 2500HD and installed my 285/70/17 BFG KO2's on them. Also replaced all 4 O2 sensors and replaced my blower fan, relay harness and relay. Runs a lot better :)

Pics required.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. If you are lucky just the day and charge is around $80 or more depending what they decide to find wrong or not even of you busted your ass 3 months ahead of time to try and beat the game and fix everything you could think of.

Ok just got the call, truck passed the safety inspection but not the emmisions. They say they can't read my computer when they plug into it?????? Apparently it is in a reset mode and it needs to be driven 40 - 50 miles and brought back to try again>>?>?>? WTF? I am wondering if this was caused by the Range AFM device when I unplugged it when I dropped it off last night????? Didn't have this issue last year. :confused:o_O:(:mad:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok just got the call, truck passed the safety inspection but not the emmisions. They say they can't read my computer when they plug into it?????? Apparently it is in a reset mode and it needs to be driven 40 - 50 miles and brought back to try again>>?>?>? WTF? I am wondering if this was caused by the Range AFM device when I unplugged it when I dropped it off last night????? Didn't have this issue last year. :confused:o_O:(:mad:
Most likely, yes. I believe it needs a drive cycle after AFM is reactivated. The Range device disables a part of the emissions system, doesn’t it, by deactivating AFM?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts