What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
There's no point. Newer ECUs aren't fooled by resistors. They actually look for the readings from the downstream O2 sensors to follow the upstream ones in some predefined way. Resistors read as malfunctioning cats. Even when ECUs were "dumber", the simulators weren't 100% reliable. I occasionally had CELs on my '98 Cobra with simulators installed. I'd clear the code, and it would last a few months. So I lived with it, lol.

That's why I had BB tune mine out. I won't be able to tell directly when the cats go bad. But when they do, I have the option to cut them out without the ECU caring.

Most people now days that remove their cats, and don't want to spend the money to have them tuned out, use a spark plug anti fouler to trick the ECU into thinking everything is ok... they screw the anti fouler into the O2 bung in the pipe and then screw the O2 sensor into it... it shields the O2 sensor from some of the exhaust gases there by reducing the reading to a "normal" level... I think you have to drill the hole in the end out a little bigger but not sure.

Just FYI for those of you wondering.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
There's no point. Newer ECUs aren't fooled by resistors. They actually look for the readings from the downstream O2 sensors to follow the upstream ones in some predefined way. Resistors read as malfunctioning cats. Even when ECUs were "dumber", the simulators weren't 100% reliable. I occasionally had CELs on my '98 Cobra with simulators installed. I'd clear the code, and it would last a few months. So I lived with it, lol.

That's why I had BB tune mine out. I won't be able to tell directly when the cats go bad. But when they do, I have the option to cut them out without the ECU caring.

This is absolutely wrong. The o2 sensor works the same as any other one. It gets a signal voltage, alters it, and sends it back. The return voltage is interpreted by the module. A resistor simply "adds" to the change made by the sensor. The return signal will still fluctuate the same, just at a different range.

If the module is not fooled, it's simply the wrong resistor. Theres no magic to it, it's not a data signal. It's just voltage, which you can control.

I will edit this a bit to avoid confusion:

1. I'm not talking about a spoofer, I'm talking about ADDING a certain resistance to the existing sensor.

2. The case where this does not work is one where the return voltage from the sensor is already too low, as opposed to not low enough.

Last edited:

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is absolutely wrong. The o2 sensor works the same as any other one. It gets a signal voltage, alters it, and sends it back. The return voltage is interpreted by the module. A resistor simply "adds" to the change made by the sensor. The return signal will still fluctuate the same, just at a different range.

If the module is not fooled, it's simply the wrong resistor. Theres no magic to it, it's not a data signal. It's just voltage, which you can control.

I will edit this a bit to avoid confusion:

1. I'm not talking about a spoofer, I'm talking about ADDING a certain resistance to the existing sensor.

2. The case where this does not work is one where the return voltage from the sensor is already too low, as opposed to not low enough.

To clarify, I was referring to the device you plug into the wiring harness that REPLACES the O2 sensor. The O2 sensor is left in the pipe to plug the hole.

Hey yeah, let's redefine the meaning of words to suit ourselves. I guess what I was talking about was a "spoofer" then, lol. Learn something new every day.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I knew what you were talking about, and certainly not picking a fight, or redefining anything. Just adding/ correcting what I deemed to be pertinent or important points on the subject.

This is the section of your post that I was addressing, which is why I added my 2 notes at the bottom of my post:

There's no point. Newer ECUs aren't fooled by resistors. They actually look for the readings from the downstream O2 sensors to follow the upstream ones in some predefined way. Resistors read as malfunctioning cats.

I never understood the spoofers, or maybe you prefer "simulators." That's why my first post was about how "they" still "make" them. They were a scam from the beginning. You're not trying to bypass a bad sensor, your computer just doesn't like what the sensor is reporting. So you adjust it......with resistors.

97audia4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Built and painted shelves in the race trailer then towed it to WV only to have the power steering line fail and leak all of the fluid out down at the track. Drove it back home and the pump was not happy at all.

I really need to get 4:10 gears and a mitso radiator installed to keep the coolant temps down .

IMG_20190907_130910.jpg

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Busy day today. Drained the coolant, did the flush rodeo, removed the driver side rear coolant plug with a 17mm Allen socket, replaced it with a block heater kit, refilled system with Dexcool & distilled water, replaced extremely noisy idler and tensioner pulley’s. Recrafted a bracket strap for my oil catch can (still catches a lot of oil even though I disabled AFM with HP Tuners).

Note that to removed the threaded freeze plug needed to use an impact-grade 1/2” universal joint with about 10” of extension to my 36” breaker bar. I was too lazy to grab the IR impact. Installing it was a breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Busy day today. Drained the coolant, did the flush rodeo, removed the driver side rear coolant plug with a 17mm Allen socket, replaced it with a block heater kit, refilled system with Dexcool & distilled water, replaced extremely noisy idler and tensioner pulley’s. Recrafted a bracket strap for my oil catch can (still catches a lot of oil even though I disabled AFM with HP Tuners).

Note that to removed the threaded freeze plug needed to use an impact-grade 1/2” universal joint with about 10” of extension to my 36” breaker bar. I was too lazy to grab the IR impact. Installing it was a breeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know what the saying is...:pics-stfu:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered four 1/4” Bora spacers. They’re supposed to be quality made in USA shit. Hubcentric and fine machine quality. Fingers crossed the studs are long enough to not need extensions
Have you reversed the upper shock mount bolts? If you turn them around so the heads are to the outside (tire) side, sometimes it helps since the bolt doesn’t stick out toward the tire. At least it does on the NBS.