What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 and a half weeks? must have been a warranty job?

Yes. Bought it on 7/2/2019 with no service contract as I typically do most of my work. Kids went to watch a movie 3 weeks ago and nothing would work. I told them that even though i bought it “as is” with no contract, the sales person told my kids they would really like watching in two screens versus the one screen in our ‘08 and I would like to be able to use them as promised to my kids.

They told me to bring it in no questions asked and they took care of it. I think their tech got a lot of training on how these systems work and how they need to be programmed.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or you left movies in there to watch after they fixed it. Movies can be loooong. :D

Funny you should mention that. Left Zootopia in the DVD player and the tech told the service manager that he needed to go rent it so he could finish it as he only got 1/3 of the way through it. Guys we’re giving him a hard time about watching movies in the clock and he said he had to test it somehow!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your using the wrong vin code, it's probably like mine is on the 03 it's one digit off, I had a similar problem

Possible though I tried several to be sure. First few weeks of using the Tech-2, "C" worked for me and then later learned that "K" allowed me to "see" the transfer case and front differential. Did some mod too back then where I had to call the truck a Monte Carlo, can't remember so don't ask! LOL

My tires are 27th week of 2015. Probably got another 20k miles. Bridgestone Duelers Allenza. Same as OEM, 22".

That's old for a Florida tire!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Today I scheduled an appointment to have the cats and the resonator deleted in two weeks. I'm very excited to hear how much of a difference it makes. Hopefully not too loud.

I hope you want it to be quite a bit louder.

I also hope you have a programmer to disable the downstream O2 sensors OR you enjoy having a CEL on.

I also hope you enjoy losing torque on the bottom end OR are having a smaller diameter Y-pipe built.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know either I just went and double checked there are no stored codes in the bcm or ecu, but when I do a full system scan the ones I know are there from my own doing show up, but there scan showed old ones I know were cleared and do not show up presently, maybe i'm not looking in the right place, maybe it has a saved place somewhere

Onstar transmits codes to somewhere and when they don't forget to email an update every month, It will tell me if codes were thrown, how much life left in the oil, tire pressure, etc.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
attempted to go change the right/passenger side hvac blend door actuator, not a single video on "how to" for the 07+, It's sort of the same procedure as the nbs's you have to pull out the passenger side airbag to get access to it, I guess you have to pull off the long dash trim piece that goes from the dic switch to the passenger side, then reach in under the dash and take out 4 10mm bolts, lift out the passenger side airbag module then you can get access to the top blend door actuator which is for the passenger side, at least that's the way it appears.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Welcome to the cabin drone club....sound great outside though!
Hopefully not too bad. Keeping stock muffler and tubing diameter. Will see.
I hope you want it to be quite a bit louder.

I also hope you have a programmer to disable the downstream O2 sensors OR you enjoy having a CEL on.

I also hope you enjoy losing torque on the bottom end OR are having a smaller diameter Y-pipe built.
Indifferent on noise, I just don't want it to be obnoxious.

I'm ordering HPTuners so CELs and whatnot will not be an issue. The codes and downstream sensors are getting tuned out. As far as loosing torque down low, I'm skeptical on whether or not that will actually happen. I haven't seen people complain about loosing torque when they put long tubes on.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
As far as loosing torque down low, I'm skeptical on whether or not that will actually happen. I haven't seen people complain about loosing torque when they put long tubes on.

Well good luck... maybe your truck will be different than mine.

I am anxious to hear what you think about it in 2 weeks... keep us posted.

I wasn't happy at all after removing my cats... I almost went back to have them reinstalled.

I decided to have a custom Y-pipe built out of 2.5" and regained the bottom end I lost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ynamot