What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Tom, we know your Denali can tow 7800 or 7900 pounds maximum according to the manuals for your year. This might have been during the time the Japanese auto makers were publishing outlandish capacities for their vehicles.

I'm now curious as to why the 2009 and 2010 Yukon XL Denalis with AWD can pull 100 pounds more? And now see that the 2007 Yukon XL Denali AWD was rated for 7700 pounds.

Maybe they were using different u-joints?

It's not always about the weight that it can tow due to power, gearing, etc. It's also what it can control. That extra 100 pounds is probably because it's AWD. 4WDs usually have a slightly less towing capacity because the extra weight of the 4WD components absorbs some of the vehicle's total capacity. I'm sure the figure they arrived at for the AWD is the result of subtracting the capacity of the 4WD from the 2WD due to the weight difference but then adding the capacity that the AWD is capable of, which ends up at only 100 pounds over the 2WD's capacity.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not always about the weight that it can tow due to power, gearing, etc. It's also what it can control. That extra 100 pounds is probably because it's AWD. 4WDs usually have a slightly less towing capacity because the extra weight of the 4WD components absorbs some of the vehicle's total capacity. I'm sure the figure they arrived at for the AWD is the result of subtracting the capacity of the 4WD from the 2WD due to the weight difference but then adding the capacity that the AWD is capable of, which ends up at only 100 pounds over the 2WD's capacity.

Yeah, I forgot to account for the L92s 380 horsepower rating compared with the L9H and L94 at 403 horses.

Some of those AWD Denalis though have the same rating as my 4x4. When you compare them to the Chevrolet offerings, they are 100 pounds more!

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a built in extractor for the trans service. It's the cooler line and the trans pump! I didn't spill a drop.

Word. Best home flush available!

Aware of that approach, however my Yukon isn't my only vehicle, so something to be considered any time I buy a tool is the ability to use it on other vehicles, friend's, etc.

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice color match. I like the de-chromed look. Thinking about it for my Denali. The trim would be easy. But the door handles would have to be switched out, which looks like a pain to do.
Door handles are a pain but worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy