What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
they fit all 07-14 tahoe suburban yukon yukon xl denali escalade, there is a couple different brands and sometimes fitment & quality issue's I just returned some because one side didn't work and there was a good 1/2" gap between the housing and frame which I could have worked with but one was bad so I just returned them and will try a different set, I have had some vland on mine for a year and they fit and work fine but not so bright during the day so going to try the other ones out there.
Do they take the OE plugs or is there splicing, rewiring, fitting new plugs, etc involved?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do they take the OE plugs or is there splicing, rewiring, fitting new plugs, etc involved?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
plugs in under the bumper to the factory harness

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
It is a known fact that red parts (be it spark plug wires, control arm bushings, spohn panhard bars, anodized catchcans, or even sharpie oil pens on your fuse box cover) = increased HP.

My catch can is black BUT I've got red plug wires and the Spohn panhard bar... about how much added HP would you say that equates to in your professional opinion???

Oh I almost forgot... I have an Optima red top battery as well.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a known fact that red parts (be it spark plug wires, control arm bushings, spohn panhard bars, anodized catchcans, or even sharpie oil pens on your fuse box cover) = increased HP.

Ahh, when I was a young man the same was said for chrome. The more chrome on your motor, the faster it went. Stickers too. In fact, they added even more horsepower!

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the burb mounted the tow truck of disgrace this morning en route to my mechanic. He said it would probably be next week before he really gets into it, which is fine.

He called me this afternoon and while he said he hasn't fully diagnosed it yet, he feels its the AC compressor. Said the belt wasnt moving at all, so might be a tensioner or the compressor...regardless it doesnt sound like the shot engine I thought it might be. It sounded SO HORRIBLE that I refused to drive it until I had it checked.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well the burb mounted the tow truck of disgrace this morning en route to my mechanic. He said it would probably be next week before he really gets into it, which is fine.

He called me this afternoon and while he said he hasn't fully diagnosed it yet, he feels its the AC compressor. Said the belt wasnt moving at all, so might be a tensioner or the compressor...regardless it doesnt sound like the shot engine I thought it might be. It sounded SO HORRIBLE that I refused to drive it until I had it checked.
Hopefully that's the cause of your issue.

Jagsta

Reaction score
A few days late on this, but wow that looks great. I'm normally against aftermarket housings, but this looks OEM.

Thanks! They do look OEM, small fitment issues on my passenger side but nothing too major once I played with them. These ones are brighter than the other knock-offs out there, but have a more "beaded" look when lit up. My favorite mod to the vehicle so far, they are AKKON brand and you can get them direct at:

https://www.amazon.com/Chevy-Tahoe-...ywords=akkon+2007+tahoe+yukon+led+tail+lights

Here's another pic from this weekend:

IMG_2089.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts