What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened to the wife... :banghead: Told her to call AAA and the poor 60-something year old guy didn’t even know where to find the tools to get the spare down (nor did my wife...) so I had to give some tech support over the phone. :Big Laugh:

Tire had a nail about an inch from the edge, so it was not worth taking to Discount Tire because they would’ve said no way for patching it, so I just stuck a plug in there and she’s good to go for now. Not going to buy a new tire yet. :fca5278d:

View attachment 201526

Been there. Tire went flat while the wife was at work. I told her to NOT use her AAA because I didn't want the AAA tech to gouge the plastic when popping the lock cover out of the bumper. I was passing near her work within a few hours, anyway.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha! Yeah, no issues with the hoist. I can imagine what happens to it in the rust belt if you don’t exercise it on a regular basis... :sad72:

Good thing is that now my wife knows where everything is and how they work, so next time she can do it herself. Especially now that she also knows how to release the parking brake. LOL!!! :jester:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks sweet, like that tool box. Yea i took the 3rd row out when i got mine i have no daily use for it. Now i have a tahoe that seats 4 :laughing1:
I've used mine once or twice. It spends it's time in a spare bedroom.

Malik112099

Reaction score
I've used mine once or twice. It spends it's time in a spare bedroom.

This thing's primary purpose is a soccer wagon driving to and from games/tournaments for both my kids. The third row is in constant use...otherwise I would have looked for a Tahoe or Yukon. Needed plenty of space back there with the third row in use.

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally ordered and got the helper bags installed in the rear of the Burb.

I also realized that the bracket on the axle for the panhard bar was hitting the crossmember above it when I would hit a dip in the road.
View attachment 201073
View attachment 201074

I knew something was hitting but assumed it was bottoming out the axle bumpstops on the frame.

So I trimmed the bracket
View attachment 201075
and notched the crossmember for clearance.
View attachment 201076
And installed the helper bags.

No more bumping and banging over dips.

Where did you get the helper bags? I've been bottoming out since I lowered it back in 07, whenever I have 2 people in the 2nd row or have the back loaded. They look like they can help?

Also, question: You cut out a piece of the frame?!?!?!?!

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after the heavy rain yesterday I noticed a small wet spot in my ceiling at the rear of the tahoe. Now i got to figure out where ots leaking from. Cause it doesnt do it whe i wash it.

I pulled the plastic cover off that goes across the ceiling in the rear and it had a bit of water on it and one of the clip holes also had a small amount of water.

The main rubber seal looks good. So maybe its the other seal looking thing leaking idk what its called. Or maybe where the wires go into the roof.

I hate to have to run more water on it but its pretty much the only way i can locate the issue. Ughh

Anyone have this issue and figure it out already?

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the helper bags? I've been bottoming out since I lowered it back in 07, whenever I have 2 people in the 2nd row or have the back loaded. They look like they can help?

Also, question: You cut out a piece of the frame?!?!?!?!

Sorry no answer for the question but man you truck looks good :happy107:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy