What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did something similar in my brother's car in high school. I used a switch from a higher-optioned model to replace a blank so it appeared factory-original and was hidden in plain sight. The switch was originally a push on/push off style. I took it apart to remove the latching part to make it momentary.

The car was a '93 Sundance, so this wasn't for anti-theft. The ignition switch was jacked up so this was my free/Saturday afternoon solution. Turn the key to "on" and press the secret switch.
This reminds me of a 1985 Oldsmobile 98 that I once had. Something was messed up with the starter circuit, it wasn't enough current to actually engage the starter for some reason. I routinely had to reach under the car and jump the starter with a screwdriver after turning the ign switch to the run position. I got tired of doing that so I wired a pushbutton to start it. A few months later, I ended up rewiring it again because I was getting annoyed having to use the button to engage the starter. Since the ign actually did work in the Start position (just REALLY low current for some reason) I ended up wiring a relay in place of the pushbutton, with the ignition switch triggering the relay. So after all that, it actually functioned like factory again.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like @Rocket Man I tried several different methods (including plasti dip) and nothing held up. Four years ago, I had a body shop I use on a regular basis treat and paint both front and back to eliminate the chrome. Still holding up and looks great today. Sometimes it is worth to have someone else do the work.View attachment 393960
Looks great! Nice Tahoe!

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fresh oil makes a 5.3 happy!

Oil and filter yesterday. NAPA gold 1042 (by WIX Part # 51042), NAPA synthetic blend 6qts. 5W-30 (by Valvoline Part #: 75055) for $45.

Checked fluids. Added a little coolant (it might have burped another air bubble after replacing my T fitting this past summer).

Runs great!!!

20230311_084130.jpg

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fresh oil makes a 5.3 happy!

Oil and filter yesterday. NAPA gold 1042 (by WIX Part # 51042), NAPA synthetic blend 6qts. 5W-30 (by Valvoline Part #: 75055) for $45.

Checked fluids. Added a little coolant (it might have burped another air bubble after replacing my T fitting this past summer).

Runs great!!!

View attachment 394163

You can use the longer Wix filter 51522 (Napa 1522) also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700