What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the shutdown, when I replaced my cracked heads, I’ve never been able to get the Evap monitor to complete. I do not drive much but do some research when I’m bored. Watched this good South Main vid last night and thought I’d check the delta of IAT and ECT.

Plugged in the elm and loaded up Torque. To my surprise, the evap monitor was complete! Oddly, there is a 12* delta this morning after having sat overnight. When I did the heads I put a new ECT on and fairly sure I used a Delco, but Summit purges their order history from the site. I’ll leave it be for now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Since the shutdown, when I replaced my cracked heads, I’ve never been able to get the Evap monitor to complete. I do not drive much but do some research when I’m bored. Watched this good South Main vid last night and thought I’d check the delta of IAT and ECT.

Plugged in the elm and loaded up Torque. To my surprise, the evap monitor was complete! Oddly, there is a 12* delta this morning after having sat overnight. When I did the heads I put a new ECT on and fairly sure I used a Delco, but Summit purges their order history from the site. I’ll leave it be for now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That video was interesting to me, too, for the fact that two aftermarket ECTs (and the original) were far enough off to keep the evap monitors from running. Mine runs the evap monitor fine but out of curiosity I'm going to compare my cold temps one day soon.

I'm thinking about putting an old cell phone in the Hoe and just leaving it there with Torque Pro on it. The tablet I have is nice but awful large to haul around and get in a good position to view. Need to look for a cell phone mount, I guess.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That video was interesting to me, too, for the fact that two aftermarket ECTs (and the original) were far enough off to keep the evap monitors from running. Mine runs the evap monitor fine but out of curiosity I'm going to compare my cold temps one day soon.

I'm thinking about putting an old cell phone in the Hoe and just leaving it there with Torque Pro on it. The tablet I have is nice but awful large to haul around and get in a good position to view. Need to look for a cell phone mount, I guess.

Nay. Allow me to spend your money for you. Get a Pioneer head unit, something like the NEX series and the iDatalink Maestro.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After my oil change yesterday, I decided to pull out the Tech 2 to reset the oil life monitor instead of doing the ignition/gas pedal thing...

It worked fine, except I was a little annoyed that it was not a one button push operation to reset the oil life. The hot button on the bottom of the Tech 2 screen says "Reset".

But the Tech 2 required entry of the %. So you have to type in 100, then hit the reset hot button on the Tech 2.

If I was looking to use a reset oil lifespan button to reset, I would expect I would want it reset to 100% and not have to enter the numbers in. To me, reset means reset.

Not sure why anyone would want to reset oil lifespan to anything less than 100%, but OK...

Maybe that is for when you just did an oil change last month then swapped an engine, but the oil in the new engine was already down to 50% when you swapped it in? Reset from 98% to 50%? I guess.

Was not hard using the Tech 2 for this. Just thought it was odd that a a percentage number had to be entered.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
After my oil change yesterday, I decided to pull out the Tech 2 to reset the oil life monitor instead of doing the ignition/gas pedal thing...

It worked fine, except I was a little annoyed that it was not a one button push operation to reset the oil life. The hot button on the bottom of the Tech 2 screen says "Reset".

But the Tech 2 required entry of the %. So you have to type in 100, then hit the reset hot button on the Tech 2.

If I was looking to use a reset oil lifespan button to reset, I would expect I would want it reset to 100% and not have to enter the numbers in. To me, reset means reset.

Not sure why anyone would want to reset oil lifespan to anything less than 100%, but OK...

Maybe that is for when you just did an oil change last month then swapped an engine, but the oil in the new engine was already down to 50% when you swapped it in? Reset from 98% to 50%? I guess.

Was not hard using the Tech 2 for this. Just thought it was odd that a a percentage number had to be entered.

I use my DIC. Maybe you don't have one? ;)

1678569218308.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia