What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The harness has the ground in it

EDIT: never mind, I reread that and see what you mean now
For High Note horn, FSM says black is GRND. DRK GRN is "Horn Fuse Supply Voltage".

This is the description of circuit operation from the FSM...
"Battery positive voltage is applied at all times to the horn relay coil and the horn relay switch. Pressing the horn switch applies ground to the horn relay control circuit. The body control module BCM may also apply ground to the horn relay control circuit as described above. When the horn relay control circuit is grounded, the horn relay is energized and battery positive voltage is applied to the horn(s) through the horn control circuit. The
horn(s) sound as long as ground is applied to the horn relay control circuit."

Dual horn ground point is listed as the one on the left front body mount.
That one is the ground for a lot of things.

Be sure to pull out the bolt, wire brush that spot on the frame and the bolt real clean. After it is all back and tightened securely, spray over the area with Rust-O-Leum or some other protective paint/coating.

Here is the wiring diagram from my FSM.
Horn Circuit.png

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My driver side tie rod end replaced in 2019 with a Moog part is blown out.. so that's being replaced under warranty..

Oh, and finally getting to the transmission install..

Anyone see a problem with this picture..?

IMG_3136.jpg
:mad: I've already reserved my rental truck.. now I have to see wtf Performabuilt is going to do about this problem. Apparently they sent a 2wd transmission instead of my 4wd I ordered. Wondering if anything else is wrong / incorrect. Either they sent me someone else's order, or they just installed the wrong output shaft in mine. This is definitely going to cause a delay in my move...

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My driver side tie rod end replaced in 2019 with a Moog part is blown out.. so that's being replaced under warranty..

Oh, and finally getting to the transmission install..

Anyone see a problem with this picture..?

View attachment 372095
:mad: I've already reserved my rental truck.. now I have to see wtf Performabuilt is going to do about this problem. Apparently they sent a 2wd transmission instead of my 4wd I ordered. Wondering if anything else is wrong / incorrect. Either they sent me someone else's order, or they just installed the wrong output shaft in mine. This is definitely going to cause a delay in my move...
So, Performabuilt sent me the transmission intended for another "Harris" and sent him mine.. He drives a GTO apparently. So, they're sending the truck to pickup in the AM. I hope this shipping is fast AF. I don't see how I'm going to be able to move when I planned to. On a positive note, I got my power and gas set at the new place. Water, OTOH is a massive PITA. Not used to this.. In Co. it's all done as part of the contract / closing..

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had a odd thing happen the other day. went to work. parked turned it off, sat there for a minute door open talking to the boss, key was in my hand, and the rear fan just came on full blast. i was not using it on the drive, both climate controls were in the off position.

put the key back in turned to run fan turned off. damn gremlin chewing up my truck lol any one ever encounter this act?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had a odd thing happen the other day. went to work. parked turned it off, sat there for a minute door open talking to the boss, key was in my hand, and the rear fan just came on full blast. i was not using it on the drive, both climate controls were in the off position.

put the key back in turned to run fan turned off. damn gremlin chewing up my truck lol any one ever encounter this act?

Afterblow for the rear A/C?

iddqd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More time to play with the Tech 2...
ABS light came on and stayed on yesterday.

Current code:

View attachment 370821

Then I got into recent history:
View attachment 370822

And this morning, I did live data view. I was doing snapshot record. I think it recorded, but I can't look at it again until after work.

Live data showed me RF speed sensor was showing 3 MPH the whole time.
Thanks to Tech 2, I am pretty sure it is just the RF sensor needed to be replaced.

Eh... I'll get to it in the next week or so.
View attachment 370824
I have a sneaky feeling that you r in for a new wheel hubs :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia