What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got to admit, I’m pleasantly surprised with this 300S rental. It’s solid, great power and even with my lead foot, getting over 20mpg..! I have never really been a fan of these but this is definitely changing my mind.

Attachments

• 2E5A140A-E595-4BA1-AE99-FD9AF6429B83.jpeg
    2E5A140A-E595-4BA1-AE99-FD9AF6429B83.jpeg
    483.2 KB · Views: 2

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey @Rocket Man did you have to get gaskets from ARH for your headers? I don’t remember what I used the first time and of course, forgot those…

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I’ve got to admit, I’m pleasantly surprised with this 300S rental. It’s solid, great power and even with my lead foot, getting over 20mpg..! I have never really been a fan of these but this is definitely changing my mind.

Lol, THAT'S AWESOME! I did that AND some with the loaners I used to get!

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol, THAT'S AWESOME! I did that AND some with the loaners I used to get!
Yeah, I should have sent it a bit longer, but was across the street from my hotel. :emotions36: Not bad, considering it’s the 6-cylinder.

Last edited:

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
I noticed one of my horns isnt working today. Sounds weird! Can’t decide if I will just find one at the junk yard or buy something aftermarket or what, I’ve kind of wanted a little louder for a long time anyway. Not air horns or anything, but a lil louder

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, up until about a year ago my truck would hold a minimum of 40 psi oil pressure no matter the conditions. After a 6 hour each way trip in March of 2021, I noticed my "hot" oil pressure was around 30 psi, and last weekend after a 2 hour trip it was hovering around 25 psi.

Background: I have used Mobil 1 High Mileage 5w30 religiously since 75k miles, always change the oil when the computer tells me, and I've always used quality oil filters. I have also sent my oil off to Blackstone half a dozen times or so, and nothing has been concerning.

I figure my options are:
1. Keep driving it and not worry about it
2. Use thicker oil (if you think this is the right choice, please tell me what you think would be best - I'm leaning towards 10w40 if I make a change)

Any feedback and thoughts are welcome. Sorry to temporarily "hijack" this thread, but I post here more than anywhere else and respect your opinions.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, up until about a year ago my truck would hold a minimum of 40 psi oil pressure no matter the conditions. After a 6 hour each way trip in March of 2021, I noticed my "hot" oil pressure was around 30 psi, and last weekend after a 2 hour trip it was hovering around 25 psi.

Background: I have used Mobil 1 High Mileage 5w30 religiously since 75k miles, always change the oil when the computer tells me, and I've always used quality oil filters. I have also sent my oil off to Blackstone half a dozen times or so, and nothing has been concerning.

I figure my options are:
1. Keep driving it and not worry about it
2. Use thicker oil (if you think this is the right choice, please tell me what you think would be best - I'm leaning towards 10w40 if I make a change)

Any feedback and thoughts are welcome. Sorry to temporarily "hijack" this thread, but I post here more than anywhere else and respect your opinions.
Most likely you need to replace the orifice tube and the sealing ring / gasket in the pan. But if you want to trouble shoot more, please start a new post. It's kind of rude to do it here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts