Well, well, well, who has seen this before?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are those heater hoses or AC refrigerant lines? I'd use normal hose and clamps on those. On that other line with the split swage I'd put a clamp on that now. This is in Florida? Kind of shocked to see that if so.
Both, but the ones split are the heater lines for the rear AC. The truck was in West Virginia for eight years before I bought it.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was replacing the shocks and springs and such underneath today and cleared the dirt out of my eyes and noticed this! Anyone seen this before on their own rigs? The part number for the replacement costs in the many hundreds of dollars and includes the refrigerant lines. I reckon we can just remove the metal and double tie wrap it. Then when the hose fails, cut away the other end in the top of the photo and replace with new hose and use either small hose clamps or tie straps.

What say you?View attachment 346204

Wow! Everybody better check theirs!!! I need to check MINE! At least you caught it before it was too late, on the side of a road somewhere!

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its an suv not a rig. Thats what say me.
Nah, it's really a wagon. Some poser car writer invented the term SUV for the soccer moms.

A rig is your tool. A belt and holster is a man's rig, his dive gear is his rig, his rifle and accoutrements is his rig and his pick up truck or wagon or eighteen wheeler can be his rig too. To each his own. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts