So this happened...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

509Yukon

Reaction score
Wow, you really wanted that new ride. haha. I have been waiting and waiting for my 22 order to even be accepted. If you don't mind, what was the cost to wrap the nose in PPF? also what was the cost to Ceramic Coat?
The ceramic total went a bit higher due to the paint prep for all of the fisheye's in the hood. The 2022 was delivered covered to my door, went around the block and then went into the garage until I could get the PPF done. It's winter time here in the Pacific Northwest and all kinds of bad stuff is flying down the road hitting cars.

My detailer came to the house to prep the nose for the PPF. He was really surprised how good the overall paint was, expected to do some cut and polish work. The issue which is terrifying under fluorescent lights was the number of fisheye's in the hood, it was bad. I stopped listening to him count them once he hit 6 and I went to throw up (kidding). There were 3 others on side panels that he addressed later. Some he just heated the paint up with a buffer to soften them up and a few were carefully color sanded.

Parked directly next to it was the 2021 Yukon and it's paint was near perfect. If the 2021 had the new center instrument cluster, air suspension and max trailer tow I would have kept it over the 2022 because of the paint. It isn't bad enough to have the hood painted and that would open up a whole can of worms that are just not worth it. Detailer did a good job and with PPF on the hood they disappear so I'm fine.

Once he was done polishing the nose it went the next day to the film guy for the xpel PPF and tint. We did a lot of PFF: front bumper, front facia, full hood, full fenders, headlights, fog lights, mirrors, door cups, door edges, lower door rockers under body trim, body color painted interior door sills (important), very thin door edge guards, and we put a thin door edge guard along the top edge of the rear bumper so my dog doesn't mess it up.

All of that using a premium xpel product was about $2,200.

For tint we darkened the rear windows a little to better reject heat (we get really hot here in summer), then matched the fronts with I think 15%, also put 20% on the panoramic sunroof. All windows were just over $1,000 for an xpel tint product. I had the tint guy lightly smoke the yellow marker lenses on the front fenders, they are still functional but look so much better during the day.

After two days of PPF and tint the Yukon went to my detailer's shop where he prepped the rest of the paint, wheels, and the xpel PPF for ceramic. He spent two days on it and it turned out gorgeously. Parked next to the 2021 Yukon this ceramic coat on the 2022 just makes it glow. The ceramic prep and coating was $1,200 plus another $200 for a few hours of work on the fisheye's which included a house call.

We had my wife's current Range Rover ceramic coated when she got it two years ago, it still feels like it was just waxed. When it is really dirty and hit with water the grime just falls off.

Note in the pic the smoked side marker light.

tempImage13123I.jpg

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Michelin’s defender ltx ms2 tires will solve your Bridgestone problem
Yep. I'm giving my stock ones about 20K and they are gone. I gotta get a little good out of them 1st, but they are crappy tires....

Boatguy

Reaction score
Nice rig! I take it you have adaptive cruise control. Does yours follow at a reasonable distance? Mine tailgates—like 2-2.5 car lengths at freeway speeds. Been to the dealer 4 times for it. It still tailgates even after having the module replaced after it finally threw a code. Now they say this is “within spec”.

Still, we took it on a road trip for Christmas as we needed 4WD. Love the mileage and power of that 6.2. Our cruise control was programmed by a douche though.

Attachments

• 2A9422BC-F223-4E23-885E-6F3A3F42F77F.jpeg
    2A9422BC-F223-4E23-885E-6F3A3F42F77F.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Wwes

Reaction score
Congrats on the rigs (and great pic as well).
Thanks for the detailed writeup on the ceramic PP - I will get this done to mine as well when I get it.

OP
OP

509Yukon

Reaction score
Nice rig! I take it you have adaptive cruise control. Does yours follow at a reasonable distance? Mine tailgates—like 2-2.5 car lengths at freeway speeds. Been to the dealer 4 times for it. It still tailgates even after having the module replaced after it finally threw a code. Now they say this is “within spec”.

Still, we took it on a road trip for Christmas as we needed 4WD. Love the mileage and power of that 6.2. Our cruise control was programmed by a douche though.
I haven't had a chance to try it out, we've got snow on the roads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645