Myself and others stumped Never seen issue before .... ever!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtDigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I'm a little late to the party. I have same issue. So are the zerks supposed to face up or down?

DirtDigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No alignment issues although wheels do angle in upon reversing.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I believe that the problem had to do with the center link being upside down or backwards. Not gonna go back thru the posts to verify but you can read them and see.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grease zerts down right? I mean I only know from mine which could also be wrong, lol. But I don't think my tires are caving in. I hope they aren't lol

Attachments

• 20211017_121714.jpg
    20211017_121714.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
Anthony06

Anthony06

Reaction score
Ok guys I apologize for the drop off and time delay. I am a millwright currently chasing gas Turbines and work got stupid crazy. So after speaking with one of my TAs about it and showing the videos to him he had told me he had a gmt400 that had started to show similar signs that replicated mine just not so extreme he said he noticed his bars looked worn in the fits on the lcas and questioned his issues deriving from that said he replaced his and never had and issue there after. So that confirmed my suspensions leading to the bars. Especially after combing everywhere I could to source info on the bars I could find anything related to the stamped codes or symbols off mine. Closest info I got I questioned but was on fence due to a few places mentioned that some models more often than not had 2500 series bars. I was skeptical about such.well after coming home and saying screw it I'd pull bars out fully and replace my crossmember mounts due to already being there why not. Well my buddy's ext cab silverado after he lifted his he has almost no give in front so I jokingly said he why not swap bars to see if it corrected both trucks. He laughed and looked at me and said hell no then followed asking why I didn't use my babysisters of her recently totaled 05 1500 hd ? Well I suppose I forgot I even had that truck so off they came and then I compared the two and realized why I couldn't trace any info... they was bs aftermarket Chinese crap. I then also noticed Well **** hers were 2 in longer so I had decided to just drill out new mounting holes 2in back and boom done... lol well yukons brckets are welded to frame where as the trucks bolted. Well screw it made measure ments and moved new bracket 2 in back welded in and installed and bam problem solved!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC