Rear Auxiliary HVAC hoses (A/C & Coolant) Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trottida

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm leaving this here for future reference as there are not too many details on the replacement of the rear auxiliary HVAC lines on the 2007-2014 Suburban/Yukon XL. This applies to the Tahoe and Yukon too but the HVAC line part numbers will be different. It also applies to GMT-800 models and GMTK2XX with different part numbers for the HVAC lines.

I recently had the rear A/C line corrode through on my 2011 Suburban which requires replacing the HVAC lines that run from the engine bay to the right rear HVAC. These 4 lines (2 A/C and 2 Coolant) from the factory are solid front to back and are extremely long. The run underneath the vehicle on the right side between the running board mounts and body continuing on above the right rear tire and ending behind the rear tire; fully exposed and not coated. They have a tendency to corrode when exposed to salt and I have had this happen to both my 2005 and 2011 Suburban. GM, for shipping and installation purposes, manufactured the replacement lines in 2 halves and you have to buy splice connectors (compression fittings) separately to connect them. You cannot buy the A/C and Coolant lines separately. At dealer prices you are looking at $570 CAD for the lines plus $480 CAD for the compression fittings! You can find OEM parts discounted if you know the part numbers. You can also find aftermarket parts if you know the OEM part numbers. Here are the part numbers.

2007-14 Chevrolet Suburban or GMC Yukon XL
HVAC Hose/Lines - 19257317 (ACDelco 15-33468)
1/2" OD splice connectors (2 required) - 19194700 (Dorman 800-642)
3/8" OD splice connector (1) - 19194701 (Dorman 800-641)
5/8" OD splice connector (1) - 19188253 (Dorman 800-642)

Alternatively, If you are okay going with completely aftermarket, Dorman has a complete kit and they ship the lines in 3 parts with all the splice connectors. The part number is 926-998 and I was quoted $440 CAD. There is also a high pressure rubber A/C line out there which the dealer does not recommend due to possible expansion and contraction. They figure that it will degrade the A/C performance over using hard lines.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm leaving this here for future reference as there are not too many details on the replacement of the rear auxiliary HVAC lines on the 2007-2014 Suburban/Yukon XL. This applies to the Tahoe and Yukon too but the HVAC line part numbers will be different. It also applies to GMT-800 models and GMTK2XX with different part numbers for the HVAC lines.

I recently had the rear A/C line corrode through on my 2011 Suburban which requires replacing the HVAC lines that run from the engine bay to the right rear HVAC. These 4 lines (2 A/C and 2 Coolant) from the factory are solid front to back and are extremely long. The run underneath the vehicle on the right side between the running board mounts and body continuing on above the right rear tire and ending behind the rear tire; fully exposed and not coated. They have a tendency to corrode when exposed to salt and I have had this happen to both my 2005 and 2011 Suburban. GM, for shipping and installation purposes, manufactured the replacement lines in 2 halves and you have to buy splice connectors (compression fittings) separately to connect them. You cannot buy the A/C and Coolant lines separately. At dealer prices you are looking at $570 CAD for the lines plus $480 CAD for the compression fittings! You can find OEM parts discounted if you know the part numbers. You can also find aftermarket parts if you know the OEM part numbers. Here are the part numbers.

2007-14 Chevrolet Suburban or GMC Yukon XL
HVAC Hose/Lines - 19257317 (ACDelco 15-33468)
1/2" OD splice connectors (2 required) - 19194700 (Dorman 800-642)
3/8" OD splice connector (1) - 19194701 (Dorman 800-641)
5/8" OD splice connector (1) - 19188253 (Dorman 800-642)

Alternatively, If you are okay going with completely aftermarket, Dorman has a complete kit and they ship the lines in 3 parts with all the splice connectors. The part number is 926-998 and I was quoted $440 CAD. There is also a high pressure rubber A/C line out there which the dealer does not recommend due to possible expansion and contraction. They figure that it will degrade the A/C performance over using hard lines.
Thanks for sharing, very helpful information indeed!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great information. Thank you!

When I was under my truck doing suspension work, I noticed that these lines are starting to corrode, so I'll probably be doing this replacement work in the not too distant future.

Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts