Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if you're over 50ish, it just seems pretty unlikely.

When my time on a tank of fuel is spent mostly at highway speeds, the average speed is still in the middle and high 30s on average. Sometimes in the 40s and rarely higher, if on longer trips. But we've not taken a trip that required multiple stops for fuel since I started the log, our destinations since have been within range of a tank of fuel and always contain a couple of stops, a diabetic can only travel so long without stopping!

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think that info would be stored in a non-volatile memory area that wouldn't get reset if the battery was disconnected or ran down, kind of like the mileage

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18
The hours are stored in an EEPROM in the instrument cluster (U15). A dead battery should not affect it directly. However, if the software glitches during a battery problem there's no telling what it might write into any data storage locations.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the wiper blades today. This set of ACDelco blades were not as good as the last set, lots more streaking even after cleaning though we did drive a lot more at night and use them more because of condensation on the glass.

Anyway, how's this for useless information? The previous set of OEM blades lasted 1 year, 8 months and 18,801 miles and 718.5 engine hours. The next set of OEM blades lasted 11 months, 17,412 miles and 603.4 engine hours. Replaced them with Anco 31-22s, on sale at Amazon for less than $4 each delivered. I saved the frames and might get refills for next time around.

I think the alcohol content is off kilter, either that or the last station had 93 octane gasoline with an alky content in the high teens. Will probably reset it tomorrow.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced the wiper blades today. This set of ACDelco blades were not as good as the last set, lots more streaking even after cleaning though we did drive a lot more at night and use them more because of condensation on the glass.

Anyway, how's this for useless information? The previous set of OEM blades lasted 1 year, 8 months and 18,801 miles and 718.5 engine hours. The next set of OEM blades lasted 11 months, 17,412 miles and 603.4 engine hours. Replaced them with Anco 31-22s, on sale at Amazon for less than $4 each delivered. I saved the frames and might get refills for next time around.

I think the alcohol content is off kilter, either that or the last station had 93 octane gasoline with an alky content in the high teens. Will probably reset it tomorrow.

A cup a day, but it's just fun with Microsoft Excel, set it up and maintain the log and the calculations are automatic.

I saved original frames too, thats my problem.... saving things I shouldn’t....

Coffee all day everyday... lol

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit a limit within the DIC today, the fuel used counter was full when I went to record data. It said +9999.9. So reluctantly, I reset it to zero. Didn't get to take a picture as we were pressed for time getting our dog to surgery during morning rush hour traffic.

So when we brought the truck home, her lifetime fuel economy was 15.4MPG up in the hills of West Virginia and now it's 14.73 MPG with copious amounts of Ethanol use and All-Terrain tires and it is coming back up; when we're not burning ethanol.

Little Chihuahua is going to be a pirate dog, lost her right eye after picking a fight with the Redtick Coonhound. That's another couple thousand that hound has cost us, most expensive dog EVER. No, not just ever, I reckon she's cost us more than all the others COMBINED!

But I have a policy that we do not get rid of our pets and that we treat them like family so we suffer so I can keep my word! LOL We love her, she's just a knucklehead, a BIG knucklehead.