Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We all just need to get a magnetic fuel saver and get 15% better mileage

Don't forget the electric turbo and the twirly vane that spins the air in circles between the air filter and throttle body! LOL Dollar bills will be pouring out of our tanks with all those mods combined!

1978 Tahoe (gone)
Is this to see if we're paying attention? LOL

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the electric turbo and the twirly vane that spins the air in circles between the air filter and throttle body! LOL Dollar bills will be pouring out of our tanks with all those mods combined!

Is this to see if we're paying attention? LOL
Exactly.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually comment more on CPM compared with GPH. In the instance you referenced, I did not focus on price because the alcohol content came from a variety of fuels with wildly differing prices.

Since the switch to ACDelco's engine oil and the drag reduction clips on the front brakes, the truck's fuel economy has been awesome for what she is, 93 octane gasoline costing between seventeen and eighteen cents per mile, getting over 16 mpg on a tank of fuel, usually Chevron 93 or Mobil 93 with an alcohol content of 5%.

Went to Sunoco and took on E30 the other night to try it again. Know what the alcohol content was? 4%!!!! Basically 87 octane! Yuck! The motor is tuned for 93 so I have to baby it until empty. Was going to drop it down six or seven gallons and put E85 in it but was too busy and figure I'll just run one or the other for a time, kinda miss straight E85 but I've needed the range between fills with 93 and several stations have had good prices on it too.

My previous average for running gasoline was twenty-three cents a mile and now we're spending .17-.18. Prices have come down a little but the truck has gotten more efficient with that oil and those drag reduction clips. I wonder where'd she be with highway tires and not these KO2s???
  • 5492 Total Miles Tracked
  • $4.11 Avg Price/Gallons
  • $16.74 Avg Price/Fuel-up
  • $0.178 Avg Price/Mile
  • $1,004.17 Total Spent
Cost Analysis

23.0(-0.1)
Avg MPG

Last MPG (MAP sensor issues duh..)

34.3(7/15/19)
Best MPG

Over the last 6 fill ups i averaged 24.985MPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
  • 5492 Total Miles Tracked
  • $4.11 Avg Price/Gallons
  • $16.74 Avg Price/Fuel-up
  • $0.178 Avg Price/Mile
  • $1,004.17 Total Spent
Cost Analysis

23.0(-0.1)
Avg MPG

Last MPG (MAP sensor issues duh..)

34.3(7/15/19)
Best MPG

Over the last 6 fill ups i averaged 24.985MPG

Well, here's my comparison:

-5490.9 Miles
-$2.80 PPG AVG
-390.75 Gallons
-$1090.22 Spent
-$0.187 CPM AVG (E30, E85 & 93)
-14.98 MPG AVG
-17.33 MPG BEST Tank

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried E30 again but they are not mixing it right, wound up with a 4% alcohol content! So basically 87 octane on a 93 tune! I babied it and still got 16.03 MPG on that tank.

Last six tanks averaged 16.20 MPG; not bad for a 4x4 with KO2s and 3.42s with a fat man driving it!

Put her on E85 last night, will cost a little more but I miss the power. I'll indulge myself for a tank or two. I Ubered with the truck last night for just over a hundred miles and still got 12.8 MPG burning E85 while keeping drunks out of jail and innocents out of the morgue.

Over the last couple weeks I noticed a slight unease while driving on the highway, not as tight or... the words escape me, not as sure footed at speed. Anyway, I was underneath checking the fluids and noticed that the swaybar end links were missing bushings on each side.

ACDelco had some with blue bushings but went with GM OE, just like the factory ones. When those eurethane bushings first came out, they were squeaky as all get out, no thanks! And made the cars ride harsh as well, no thanks on that one too!

Going to put them on tonight or tomorrow.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried E30 again but they are not mixing it right, wound up with a 4% alcohol content! So basically 87 octane on a 93 tune! I babied it and still got 16.03 MPG on that tank.

Last six tanks averaged 16.20 MPG; not bad for a 4x4 with KO2s and 3.42s with a fat man driving it!

Put her on E85 last night, will cost a little more but I miss the power. I'll indulge myself for a tank or two. I Ubered with the truck last night for just over a hundred miles and still got 12.8 MPG burning E85 while keeping drunks out of jail and innocents out of the morgue.

Over the last couple weeks I noticed a slight unease while driving on the highway, not as tight or... the words escape me, not as sure footed at speed. Anyway, I was underneath checking the fluids and noticed that the swaybar end links were missing bushings on each side.

ACDelco had some with blue bushings but went with GM OE, just like the factory ones. When those eurethane bushings first came out, they were squeaky as all get out, no thanks! And made the cars ride harsh as well, no thanks on that one too!

Going to put them on tonight or tomorrow.

Before you fill up you can ask the clerk for a nutritional facts sheet so you can get the right one

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you fill up you can ask the clerk for a nutritional facts sheet so you can get the right one

I have talked to the owner before but I usually go there in the mornings, between 2 am and 4 am and nobody is there, the pumps are on but nobody is home, or so it seems. I've made a sheet of the alcohol contents on the days that we purchased his fuel and will show it to him next time I'm up that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts