Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up on the USS Alabama!

I talked to my wife about it. Since we will be driving through Mobile on our way to Destin, she said that's a good idea. Stop off for a few hours and check out that Memorial Park with the battleship, sub, and aircraft hangar.

The last time we were in
New Orleans a couple years ago we spent a day at the WWII museum

You're welcome! I first got to see the Alabama and Drum in '82 and then took our kids there in 2013. On that day, we got to meet Glenn D. Frazier and bought his book, Hell's Guest. He survived the Bataan Death March.

I love going aboard the old Fleet Boats too. Have been able to visit the USS Ling in Hackensack, NJ and the USS Pompanito in San Francisco. I'd love to visit the Bowfin in Hawaii and the Batfish in Oklahoma and the Cavalla in Galveston. There are more boats preserved around the country. Have also visited the USS North Carolina, Texas and the Intrepid and the Hornet and when they were on active duty, the Lexington and Iowa many, many times. My wife likes these submarine attractions as they are usually only about an hour long! LOL

Ohh, and in Baton Rouge is another veteran of WW2, the USS Kidd, a Fletcher Class Destroyer. She was in the same squadron as my great uncle Jimmy, he served aboard the USS Hale. I have not been able to get aboard that Kidd yet!

Kid's will love it, especially climbing the ladders all over the battleship, seeing how high up they can go! Praying for traveling mercies for you and yours Tom, have a good time!

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After talking about the Ling I googled around to see if the museum was able to open again. Some commies broke into the sub and flooded the interior with 10 feet of water. Gov'ment commies won't let the ship be pumped out because there might be contaminants inside (laughable as she sits on Hackensack River!), and the boat is likely headed for the breakers now. Sad to lose such a treasure.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the interesting things about my truck is that the previous owner never reset the fuel used counter and now it is about to surpass 8,000 gallons. The mileage just rolled past 120,000.

When purchased in May, the lifetime fuel economy average by doing the math was 15.4 mph and now it is 15.04; getting worse with me! Now I reckon those West Virginia hills helped the mileage as well as the cooler weather, I've never seen 18 mpg (an average lasting a tank full of gas) at any time since bringing it home from North Carolina.

Just completed a 1,200 mile trip and it's average fuel economy, fully loaded mind you, sits at 15.6 mpg.

In every other automobile owned, surpassing the mileage on the window sticker was easy, but not so with this truck! Maybe that's because the mileage on the window sticker was blank? LOL Published literature puts it between 14 and 15 city and 19 to 21 highway.

Do they get better mileage above 78 mph? I have a Montana that gets its best mileage at highway speeds that would make the driver well deserving of a ticket!
that is awful 84,300 miles I'm still under 4,000 gallons 3920 i think it is

The previous owners had not reset it 21.50MPG average. that is above the New EPA rating of 21MPG (the old EPA said 23mpg for the 2WD)... taking into factor this has a larger motor then the reg version
Better aerodynamic body panels as well CO efficient drag is 0.02 lower then the reg version
6.0L 370 hp (SAE net) Torque net: 640 Nm / 472 ft-lb. I do assume that figure included the e-assist . that is why it's says 'net'

Last edited:
OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is awful 84,300 miles I'm still under 4,000 gallons 3920 i think it is

The previous owners had not reset it 21.50MPG average. that is above the New EPA rating of 21MPG (the old EPA said 23mpg for the 2WD)... taking into factor this has a larger motor then the reg version
Better aerodynamic body panels as well CO efficient drag is 0.02 lower then the reg version
6.0L 370 hp (SAE net) Torque net: 640 Nm / 472 ft-lb. I do assume that figure included the e-assist . that is why it's says 'net'

Pretty cool, which model is this again? That statement of mine that you quoted was when the cats were bad and one was intermittently throwing a code.

However, the truck is at 135K now and 9,200+ gallons of fuel has gone through her!

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty cool, which model is this again? That statement of mine that you quoted was when the cats were bad and one was intermittently throwing a code.

However, the truck is at 135K now and 9,200+ gallons of fuel has gone through her!

Limited Edition Tahoe they only made 33,000 limited units total with the hybrid 2mode silverados ,tahoe,yukon,Escalade Models...

Exclusive options...

it has the same rear end as the 2015+ model ..
Electric power steering (ESP)
A revised front end(face lift)
LED tail lights left and right(also running light disabled on the tail light to save power)
clutch less Electric High voltage 300VAC A/C
XFE Package. (lowered ride height & firmer smoother ride )
Dual 2.5" OVERSIZED mufflers (these are HUGE mufflers bigger then on some 18 wheelers)
for ultra quiet operation. aka stealth mode

because of the over sized mufflers they had to delete the spare tire so i had to buy one

this is my ride
20190220_170743.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz

Latest posts