Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran the trucks at OSW (Orlando SpeedWorld) last night.

Both trucks ran their fastest times to date.

The 5.3 Yukon XL weighed in at 6,280 pounds and ran a 16.115 @ 86.45 mph. Her 60-foot was 2.399, quickest ever. Off idle launch flashing the converter. 313.7 Rear Wheel Horsepower for that run.

The 6.2 Sierra CC weighed in at 5,840 pounds and ran a 14.826 @ 93.99 mph. Her 60-foot was 2.207. Off idle launch flashing the converter. 374.88 Rear Wheel Horsepower for that run.

20240221_214705.jpg

Reaction score

The 5.3 Yukon XL weighed in at 6,280 pounds and ran a 16.115 @ 86.45 mph. Her 60-foot was 2.399, quickest ever. Off idle launch flashing the converter. 313.7 Rear Wheel Horsepower for that run.

The 6.2 Sierra CC weighed in at 5,840 pounds and ran a 14.826 @ 93.99 mph. Her 60-foot was 2.207. Off idle launch flashing the converter. 374.88 Rear Wheel Horsepower for that run.

View attachment 422008
Are those vehicle weights with driver or without?

6,280 lbs seems a bit high for the XL. Thought the curb weight on these are like 5,900 lbs

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are those vehicle weights with driver or without?

6,280 lbs seems a bit high for the XL. Thought the curb weight on these are like 5,900 lbs
Race weight with my fat butt in it and she was on empty too! Three weeks ago she was 100 pounds heavier with a near full tank of fuel. All my tow/recovery gear is in back, a lawn chair, cargo blankets, my oxygen bottles, etc. is still in it.

@randeez
Just came inside from taking apart the other axle that Randy gave me. We initially decided not to use it because there was binding when you rotated the pinion. As we took it apart, the pinion was still binding until we took the yoke off. What did we find? TWO pinion seals!

The bearing caps were also loose and there were no shims on either side of this one either. Cleaned up good, still haven't taken the bearings off the old pinion to see what size shims were used, or the ones on the carrier, hopefully tomorrow. Someone borrowed my torch and need it to heat up the ABS screws as they are loc-tited into the axle. We cleaned up the inside real good and she's ready for new cups and then we'll get out the tools to set the pinion depth. Supposed to have more good weather tomorrow.

The magnet on this one is clean, you can still see the yellow marking paste from when the ring and pinion work was done on it. This one had Koyo wheel bearings and Timken carrier and pinion bearings.

The ABS reluctor wheels on both axles fell apart so we removed them, replacements are in the AAM kit and I bought the tool to seat them to the proper depth some time ago. After all the setbacks and interruptions, we're finally making good progress!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 422008

Not that it matters in this case other than for fun, but what was your RT? You hit it right, she went on green.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that it matters in this case other than for fun, but what was your RT? You hit it right, she went on green.
Can't find my phone, it's around here somewhere, was going to take a picture of the slips.

Anyhow, on that run, she left with a .380 light and mine was .151.

My next run was against a 10-second camaro, he cut a .119 light to my .113! The cold weather and needing to stop by the bathroom had its advantages I guess! LOL

She's getting the launch down, seat and pedals, etc. She's been cutting .340 lights on average up there at OSW. Happy to get the truck into the 14s. She ran 15.6 with the KO2s and that's when I knew they really needed to come off if that car was going to run fast. She still takes it out to the beach, in the mud and pastures with the cows and horses and hasn't been stuck yet.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Race weight with my fat butt in it and she was on empty too! Three weeks ago she was 100 pounds heavier with a near full tank of fuel. All my tow/recovery gear is in back, a lawn chair, cargo blankets, my oxygen bottles, etc. is still in it.

@randeez
Just came inside from taking apart the other axle that Randy gave me. We initially decided not to use it because there was binding when you rotated the pinion. As we took it apart, the pinion was still binding until we took the yoke off. What did we find? TWO pinion seals!

The bearing caps were also loose and there were no shims on either side of this one either. Cleaned up good, still haven't taken the bearings off the old pinion to see what size shims were used, or the ones on the carrier, hopefully tomorrow. Someone borrowed my torch and need it to heat up the ABS screws as they are loc-tited into the axle. We cleaned up the inside real good and she's ready for new cups and then we'll get out the tools to set the pinion depth. Supposed to have more good weather tomorrow.

The magnet on this one is clean, you can still see the yellow marking paste from when the ring and pinion work was done on it. This one had Koyo wheel bearings and Timken carrier and pinion bearings.

The ABS reluctor wheels on both axles fell apart so we removed them, replacements are in the AAM kit and I bought the tool to seat them to the proper depth some time ago. After all the setbacks and interruptions, we're finally making good progress!
No refunds

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it's happened again. On Friday night, 5 children and young adults smashed into an oak tree at a high rate of speed, probably triple digits. All of the passengers were ejected from the truck and only one survived. The driver also survived, he was wearing his seatbelt. The crash scene was so gruesome, the media would not show it on television.

My children knew and were friends of the deceased and the girl who survived and is still in the hospital. The other young lady who passed was closest to my youngest daughter and she stayed over the house from time to time.

The impact was so violent, that an O2 sensor and other engine parts were found near the scene, along with broken emblems and even the wheels shattered into many pieces. The driver has yet to be charged, he suffered minimal injuries.

I always tell my children not to stay out past 10pm as nothing good happens after that in my experience, especially if into the car scene. Too many fools on the road and blue lights.

Why nobody buckled up (because of the way he was driving) when they hit the turn at 100+ is beyond me. They all knew that part of the road except maybe the driver! He's from another town I hear.

1710740313619.png

The truck didn't stop at the tree, it went around and came to rest about 1/2 between the tree and that bench. The victims were landed closer to the bench than the Dodge Ram pickup.

Love your loved ones men and continue to teach your children to make good decisions.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ignorance and parental laziness.........
I spent a few years teaching teenagers how to drive. Coached the parents how to explain to their kids on 'life-saving' choices, when NOT to take a ride in a vehicle, where the driver is an idiot.

" High Performance " is not 'driving fast'...... High performance is what's taught in the BRAIN.
Just last week, I watched two, $100,000 pickup trucks fly out of the High School parking lot....Driving stupidly, side by side....
I guessed their parents allowed their boys to drive these trucks, so they will kill them selves.

What a future tragedy...

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it's happened again. On Friday night, 5 children and young adults smashed into an oak tree at a high rate of speed, probably triple digits. All of the passengers were ejected from the truck and only one survived. The driver also survived, he was wearing his seatbelt. The crash scene was so gruesome, the media would not show it on television.

My children knew and were friends of the deceased and the girl who survived and is still in the hospital. The other young lady who passed was closest to my youngest daughter and she stayed over the house from time to time.

The impact was so violent, that an O2 sensor and other engine parts were found near the scene, along with broken emblems and even the wheels shattered into many pieces. The driver has yet to be charged, he suffered minimal injuries.

I always tell my children not to stay out past 10pm as nothing good happens after that in my experience, especially if into the car scene. Too many fools on the road and blue lights.

Why nobody buckled up (because of the way he was driving) when they hit the turn at 100+ is beyond me. They all knew that part of the road except maybe the driver! He's from another town I hear.

View attachment 423960

The truck didn't stop at the tree, it went around and came to rest about 1/2 between the tree and that bench. The victims were landed closer to the bench than the Dodge Ram pickup.

Love your loved ones men and continue to teach your children to make good decisions.
Oh my god. That poor family - all of them along for the ride, powerless to stop that maniac from killing them. I'm sorry for your family's loss, James.

That sonofabitch should be locked up for life, labeled a child killer, with no possibility of parole.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funerals start in a few days, driver has yet to be charged. The girl in the hospital has undergone several successful surgeries and is being kept in a coma.

No truck stuff to update y'all on. I got sick again and then threw my back out so I've basically been bedridden this past month. Weather is getting hotter too, may have missed my chance to finish that axle. Still outside under a tarp.

If you know the Lord, pray for the families and friends mourning the loss of their loved ones and that young girl in the hospital. I'm praying for the driver too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz