Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the actual bulb part # for this puddle light ???
I want to replace mine, but not necessarily with the led's... Maybe just upgrade
to a "better" bulb... thanks
I can't find this particular bulb # listed on RA or Oreilly

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the actual bulb part # for this puddle light ???
I want to replace mine, but not necessarily with the led's... Maybe just upgrade
to a "better" bulb... thanks
I can't find this particular bulb # listed on RA or Oreilly
They are 194s. I like Philips bulbs, they last a long time. With them you have two options, a Long Life 194NALL and 194NA for the OE quality. The latter is what I run for all the bulbs in mine save for those LED puddle lights we're trying out.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was looking for stone guard film for the mirrors like the Sierra has and came across a closeout of genuine chrome mirror caps for $28 delivered so I grabbed them up. Truck originally came with them and somewhere along the way they were changed. Not a fan but they were cheap and will allow me to either clean up the bug guts from the black ones or get them repainted.

Woke up to this at 31 degrees this morning. Hadn't seen this in a long time. See the front on the roof of the truck and on the neighbor's across the street? Old hat for you Yanks but not something we see down here!

20220131_074311.jpg

On a sad note, tractor pulls have come to our area but my rig is shod with highway tires now! Always wanted to do that at least once.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new CANdi module arrived today, I hooked it up to the Yukon and it worked in both the Engine and Body modules. Later on, I hooked it up to the Sierra and the same error came up again, the Splash screen said the CANdi was there but after building the truck and going into the Body module and error message came up and said it was not attached! Oh no!

So we connected and disconnected all the cables, now the CANdi is not even recognized on the splash or start up screen. Then we swapped cables and OBDII adapters still no go. So then I had an idea, that old OBDII adapter that came with it, never worked, hooked it up and it talked to the truck just fine! It has gold contacts and is shaped different and has a different part number than the others, one was a replacement from the company purchased from, the other two were purchased off Amazon. One was lost in a field helping a guy out so just 3 are left. Anyway, it's just weird! That thing didn't work worth a lick 5 years ago, kept meaning to throw it out but glad I didn't now.

Well, I ought to hook it up to the Yukon but it's getting too cold outside now, it's a chilly 66 outside! LOL

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new CANdi module arrived today, I hooked it up to the Yukon and it worked in both the Engine and Body modules. Later on, I hooked it up to the Sierra and the same error came up again, the Splash screen said the CANdi was there but after building the truck and going into the Body module and error message came up and said it was not attached! Oh no!

So we connected and disconnected all the cables, now the CANdi is not even recognized on the splash or start up screen. Then we swapped cables and OBDII adapters still no go. So then I had an idea, that old OBDII adapter that came with it, never worked, hooked it up and it talked to the truck just fine! It has gold contacts and is shaped different and has a different part number than the others, one was a replacement from the company purchased from, the other two were purchased off Amazon. One was lost in a field helping a guy out so just 3 are left. Anyway, it's just weird! That thing didn't work worth a lick 5 years ago, kept meaning to throw it out but glad I didn't now.

Well, I ought to hook it up to the Yukon but it's getting too cold outside now, it's a chilly 66 outside! LOL

Well, I'm not sure where this machine stands. Is it fixed and fully operational or intermittent? Went out to the Yukon this time and the CANdi was recognized on the splash screen and then it said no go when it tried to get into a module. Started resetting cables, connections, PCMCIA cards (have two) and even put the old CANdi back on. Of course, then the gold pin OBDII stopped working so had to swap it out too. Finally got it working with the old VCI Module, the old CANdi module and only one of the three OBDII adapters, one of the Amazon ones. Didn't have the keys to the Sierra but we connected and disconnected the adapter to the truck and wiggled all the connections and wires and it kept working even after being turned on and off. I think the flu everyone has had has now come my way, getting the sniffles and tired, no more playing with that thing today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My daughter Julia got some RVinyl from Santa Clause this past Christmas and had some time off today today to cover some of the Sierra's interior trim pieces.

IMG_1967.JPGIMG_1968.JPGIMG_1969.JPGIMG_1970.JPG

FYI: Both rear window switches gave up the ghost. I bought some replacements that were lighted, same as the ones in the Yukon XL, and they do not light up in the Sierra but they function just fine. The part number is 22895545 and I buy them from this guy: https://www.ebay.com/itm/333662102772 - Switch-Doctor.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished an eleven hour run to rescue our two youngest daughters and their friends after the transmission in the Sierra went out. They made it to the truck meet but nobody had diagnostic tools. P0796 and she went into limp mode. It's under warranty so this won't be a kitchen table rebuild of the TECHM and valve body. Will know more later on, going to hit the rack soon.

1645360132788.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019