Used prices and "the recall"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I avoid something with 200, on the clock? I’m looking for an esv, Denali xl, or Burban leaning more towards an esv

I bought my Yukon with 176k on it and it has 187k on it now. Although it is nice and could pass for one with a lot less mileage I do wish I had spent more and bought one with lower mileage.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you're that worried about the recall you can buy your own air bag part# 84304240

it's only 40$ for the replacement Air bag

$38.31

Airbag 84304240 | GMPartsDirect.com

just excuses ....

This is a horrible thing to recommend someone do without having access to the correct service procedure and knowledge of airbags. I have a feeling they won’t actually sell you that part and will cancel the order BUT if you were to do it yourself the recall would still be open and show in the system as such so you literally gain nothing and you’ve spent money on something that would otherwise be free.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my Yukon with 176k on it and it has 187k on it now. Although it is nice and could pass for one with a lot less mileage I do wish I had spent more and bought one with lower mileage.
Is it some thing about the mileage or is more a mental thing about the mileage?

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two reasons really. One that if it had say 50k less miles then that would be 50k more miles for me to be put in it. Second that it wouldn’t have needed all the common repairs pretty much immediately after buying. Like I said, cosmetically it could pass for a lot less mileage but even highway mileage is still wear and tear especially on the suspension. At this point though with everything I’ve fixed, the only worry I have is the transmission although it shifts beautifully.

LowBurb13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When the price of a new Escalade is over $100K it drives up the used price. We had a local dealer with a 2021 Suburban High Country and it was $82K. Since people can't or don't want to afford new they turn to used also driving up the prices. It's only going to get worse as the new prices keep rising.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a horrible thing to recommend someone do without having access to the correct service procedure and knowledge of airbags. I have a feeling they won’t actually sell you that part and will cancel the order BUT if you were to do it yourself the recall would still be open and show in the system as such so you literally gain nothing and you’ve spent money on something that would otherwise be free.
Pay the dealer or body shop(they deal with that crap also) to install it duh... anyone with a half of brain would not install them selfs

I never said for the end user to install it.. you're putting words in my mouth..

You can get a refund later on when your area is ready for the recall..... just take proof of payment of services + proof of purchase and GM will send you a refund. check...

like they did for the valve covers for me (was a recall because of 'fires') (leaky valve covers)

Last edited:

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 34,000 mile 2019 Yukon SLT in December of 2019 for $42,998 from CarMax.

Looking recently at CarMax their inventory is very low and prices are the same if not more with more miles and older model year as well for what is available. My neighbor bought a 2020 Tahoe from the same CarMax earlier this year with over 40,000 miles for around the same price.

My Yukon was formerly a Hertz rental from Missouri and I'd have to suppose that most of the rental car companies have not been upgrading their fleets as well which results in a reduction of auctioned vehicles sold to CarMax and other places like them (Carvana?)

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Airbags aren't some voodoo magic. I've removed mine and taken it apart, put it back together, and am still kicking. And I didn't disconnect the battery either! BUWAHHAHHAAHAA!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645