Used prices and "the recall"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Airbags aren't some voodoo magic. I've removed mine and taken it apart, put it back together, and am still kicking. And I didn't disconnect the battery either! BUWAHHAHHAAHAA!!!

I always wondered, when you looked closely, did one side say, "this side toward enemy"?

Also, not sure you want to admit you didn't disconnect the battery, I heard the airbag police monitored these sites. Just sayin'.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pay the dealer or body shop(they deal with that crap also) to install it duh... anyone with a half of brain would not install them selfs

I never said for the end user to install it.. you're putting words in my mouth..

You can get a refund later on when your area is ready for the recall..... just take proof of payment of services + proof of purchase and GM will send you a refund. check...

like they did for the valve covers for me (was a recall because of 'fires') (leaky valve covers)

Then stop intentionally leaving out crucial information when you post. The lack of information in your first post implies something completely different than what you’re saying in this post. Just like when you go around talking about MPG from your 6.0L and don’t bother to mention it’s a hybrid so then a bunch of people start thinking something is wrong with their truck.

This recall does not offer reimbursement that I’m aware.

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To give you guys a example that used car Prices are so high and crazy............

Back in March I sold my 2004 Escalade ESV for $5000 with 325K miles !!! in just 2 days after I posted it on FB market. Truck was MINT for the age and mileage and no drivetrain issues just had a bad A/C leak and needed front seats recovered.

I'm putting $$$ away for a PPV Tahoe but even those are going for CRAZY money at the surplus auctions !!

I just missed a clean 2014 PPV with 135K miles for $7500 out the door !!!. Rust free Texas truck. That one hurt to miss on :(

Dave

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then stop intentionally leaving out crucial information when you post. The lack of information in your first post implies something completely different than what you’re saying in this post. Just like when you go around talking about MPG from your 6.0L and don’t bother to mention it’s a hybrid so then a bunch of people start thinking something is wrong with their truck.

This recall does not offer reimbursement that I’m aware.
the air bag recall applies to all trim levels... $40 for a replacement to get it done today rather then wait another year?

small price to pay if you get nothing back

but at lest you get to use the front seat which is worth more then the 170$ it will cost to fix it... don't imply that i said someone should DIY install of it.. I never claimed it or even mention it I just mention you can buy the part your self without having to wait for the recall to come to your area

as the recall is ONLY being done in sections at a time...

So my transmission is geared differently and yes i get way better MPG then you get in my city... Even with out the boost from the electrical motors.... it still gets better mpg then your truck will ever get. The engine is FULLY optimized. (for what was possible at the time). yours is not..

the HV battery is DEAD 13 years and 5 mo old

that means it does nothing to help mpg i might be able to go a half block(if I let it auto stop at 29mph and coast) (sometimes just a few feet).
instead of 2 miles like with a new battery.

.. the electrical motor assist rarely runs above a certaint TP so most of the time it's on ICE only 98% of the time.. I can accelerate in V4 mode If I wanted to. you can't ...

i still have to do a few fill ups to see the difference from M4 to drive gear v8 only.. it's most likely will be 21mpg around town(M4 was 19.4 on average for the last 1,000 miles)

Last edited:

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It takes 6 years to get the bugs and defects fixed. After that, these rigs are solid for another 200K. :D

agreed.
I had a
2008 Tahoe Z71. Total POS. Buyback
2010 Tahoe Z71. Total POS. Buyback
2011 Tahoe Z71. Not as bad. Leaked oil from ever single seal and gasket. Buyback
2013 Tahoe Z71. Special ordered. Perfect.

The 2019 RST we also have has been great.

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in the Tampa / Orlando area and the used market is on FIRE.

Just for giggles we stopped at a few dealers and we’re blown away. Needless to say I’m trying to locate a 2019-2020 Z71. . Good luck with that

2013 Tahoe Z71
4x4
Leather
Nav/dvd
Sunroof
Towing
3” lift
All maintenance records
New tires
flawless

I’m getting consistent offers on a TRADE at 28k-32k. The 6 dealers i went to are blowing the phone off the hook.

I’m half tempted to sell the vehicle and buy a beater in the meantime.

OP
OP
vcode

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saw a 2006 Sierra 2500 Extended cab 4X4 for sale. 160K miles, rusty. $21K........

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Saw a clean looking 2012 suburban LTZ similar to mine with 132,000 on the clock for $25,900. Had body work on the right rear, rust bubbles in the hood corners, a cracked dash and the power boards were locked down. Get outa town!

OP
OP
vcode

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Local dealer has a 2019 Tahoe Premier. 80K miles. Was in a severe accident with airbags deployed, body and frame damage. $55K. Been to at least 3 dealerships so far.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts