Used prices and "the recall"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
vcode

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No doubt. I was in my local dealer last week getting the airbag swapped. Their new truck lot looked like now was a good time to resurface the asphalt, maybe 15% capacity. Very strange looking.

I just checked, the Honda dealer near me has 360 new vehicles! I'm guessing the chip shortage is having an effect?
BTW, I checked all the major GM dealers in the SE Wisconsin area, and there isn't a 2008-2014 triplet at any of them. Plenty of 2015+ models though. Very strange.....

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked, the Honda dealer near me has 360 new vehicles! I'm guessing the chip shortage is having an effect?
BTW, I checked all the major GM dealers in the SE Wisconsin area, and there isn't a 2008-2014 triplet at any of them. Plenty of 2015+ models though. Very strange.....

Autotrader, first page of local search. I guess the Ford dealers are just a bunch of thrill seekers?

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=577653756&zip=53213&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=53213&city=Milwaukee&startYear=2007&incremental=all&endYear=2014&modelCodeList=CHEVSUB%2CTAHOE%2CYUKON%2CYUKONXL&makeCodeList=CHEV%2CGMC&listingTypes=USED&LNX=SPGOOGLEBRANDPLUSCORE&sortBy=distanceASC&location=%5Bobject+Object%5D&state=WI&firstRecord=25&marketExtension=include&relevanceConfig=default&searchRadius=200&isNewSearch=false&listingTypes=USED&startYear=2007&numRecords=25&firstRecord=25&endYear=2014&modelCodeList=CHEVSUB,TAHOE,YUKON,YUKONXL&makeCodeList=CHEV,GMC&searchRadius=200&makeCode1=GMC&modelCode1=YUKONXL&clickType=listing

PS - I thought about your conversation with the dealer. It is even more amazing he didn't ask you to sit down and see if a deal could be worked out. It is kind of what they do... Definitely a very squirrelly dealer... :rolleyes:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It takes 6 years to get the bugs and defects fixed. After that, these rigs are solid for another 200K. :D

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well let me share my two cents worth. See my Thumbnail? My Tahoe was hit head-on back in August. It killed the poor kid that hit me in a Hyundai Santa Fe, pretty big unit, I got busted up in my feet, right ankle and back in three places plus 8 ribs dislocated with 4 broken.

I had over $50K into this unit but I'll tell you all this...

Until you have that conversation with Jesus about staying or leaving with him, you'll appreciate every ounce of American Steel in these Tahoe's. They may be high in prices, but they are SAFE!!

I got on Cars.com while laid up trying to breath, found another Tahoe exactly like the one I had with 2K more miles on it and I got it for $28K. Jim Taylor Ford in Ruston, LA. I called and put a $500 deposit down and listen, these guys HELD this unit for me for over 4 weeks until I could get my Insurance company to pay off the other one. They even drove it up to my house and parked it out in front of my porch so I could roll out in my wheelchair and check it out. Signed the papers and they were gone, handed me the keys and left. That's service.

So far, I've gotten a brand new PORTED L86 Intake with the 87mm KaTech Throttle body installed with a sweet Dyno Tune from Gwatney Performance Innovations in Jacksonville, AR across from the entrance to the Air Force base.

They did some sensor deletes for me so I can install a bumper/winch combo from Weston HTX. I am also saving to get my exhaust installed. I'm going with a set of Stainless Works Headers, X pipes, and Turbo Mufflers with real dual exhaust.
Check em out on YT.

Later I'll do my lift kit for the front and get my rims and tires I had back on it. IF i can find the Snowflakes.

GOD BLESS and take care,

JJ
Holy cow, man! Glad you're on the mend but heartsick about the kid that was killed when he hit you. Good reminder that driving a big, body-on-frame SUV may mean the difference between life and death for any of us.

OP
OP
vcode

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Van Horn is a strange one. I've seen them selling many vehicles with lemon or salvage titles, so it doesn't surprise me. The big GM dealers here have nothing. Lynch and Boucher had nothing when I checked yesterday. There are some at the independents and non-GM dealers though.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Van Horn is a strange one. I've seen them selling many vehicles with lemon or salvage titles, so it doesn't surprise me. The big GM dealers here have nothing. Lynch and Boucher had nothing when I checked yesterday. There are some at the independents and non-GM dealers though.

OK, well I guess we have kind of run this one into the ground.

BTW, who do you think was really behind 9/11?

Just kidding by the way. ;)

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You misspelled TWA800.

I actually had a neighbor that was on that flight. She was a flight attendant (not working, going on vacation).

Kind of ironic (in a very sad way), all the flights she took working and some random day off, the wiring on that middle tank just decided it was time.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually had a neighbor that was on that flight. She was a flight attendant (not working, going on vacation).

Kind of ironic (in a very sad way), all the flights she took working and some random day off, the wiring on that middle tank just decided it was time.
That sux.

Flip side, I had a friend was supposed to be on the flight the hit the pentagon headed to twentynine palms. The Corp made a last minute change of plans. He told no one for years.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are looking for two vehicles, well one right now and another a little later on, the Denalis come up but they are often far away for the better deals. The 6.2 Sierras however are all 500+ miles away, when they show up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon