Used prices and "the recall"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Summajet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try using www.carcomplaints.com to find the right year to buy. They list All manufactures, all models and all years of complaints, recalls and bulletins

My cousin has been helping me search for a truck and when he runs the vin through carfax it shows was transferred from auction to dealer and also has been wrecked. It seemed mostly independent dealers were buying the auctioned vehicles. Now with the higher prices, big dealers are buying auction cars and selling them on their lots.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
No problem. My wife would be the first to tell you I'm nuts. I just found it strange that several vehicles I was looking at suddenly went back to auction for no
apparent reason, something I had never seen before. The timing of the recall may just have been a co-incidence. FWIW, all the vehicles were in the Chicago area.

If a dealers lips are moving they are lying! They probably made money on them at auction too. This airbag inflater is in sooooooo many makes and models. simply duck tape a pillow to the dash/steering wheel and forget about it? LOL, no disrespect intended, You are probably correct with the whole liability thing.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
Well let me share my two cents worth. See my Thumbnail? My Tahoe was hit head-on back in August. It killed the poor kid that hit me in a Hyundai Santa Fe, pretty big unit, I got busted up in my feet, right ankle and back in three places plus 8 ribs dislocated with 4 broken.

I had over $50K into this unit but I'll tell you all this...

Until you have that conversation with Jesus about staying or leaving with him, you'll appreciate every ounce of American Steel in these Tahoe's. They may be high in prices, but they are SAFE!!

I got on Cars.com while laid up trying to breath, found another Tahoe exactly like the one I had with 2K more miles on it and I got it for $28K. Jim Taylor Ford in Ruston, LA. I called and put a $500 deposit down and listen, these guys HELD this unit for me for over 4 weeks until I could get my Insurance company to pay off the other one. They even drove it up to my house and parked it out in front of my porch so I could roll out in my wheelchair and check it out. Signed the papers and they were gone, handed me the keys and left. That's service.

So far, I've gotten a brand new PORTED L86 Intake with the 87mm KaTech Throttle body installed with a sweet Dyno Tune from Gwatney Performance Innovations in Jacksonville, AR across from the entrance to the Air Force base.

They did some sensor deletes for me so I can install a bumper/winch combo from Weston HTX. I am also saving to get my exhaust installed. I'm going with a set of Stainless Works Headers, X pipes, and Turbo Mufflers with real dual exhaust.
Check em out on YT.

Later I'll do my lift kit for the front and get my rims and tires I had back on it. IF i can find the Snowflakes.

GOD BLESS and take care,

JJ

I went through the whole rib thing from high siding speedway bikes, Dont sneeze, Dont laugh, Dont cough, Dont yawn, Only sleep flat on your back on a hard surface like the living room floor for a few weeks. But, HTF do you dislocate the rib? torn cartlidge or what? Id rather break an arm/collar bone any day of the week than suffer another rib cage injury. Im sure your glad the pain is behind you!

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well let me share my two cents worth. See my Thumbnail? My Tahoe was hit head-on back in August. It killed the poor kid that hit me in a Hyundai Santa Fe, pretty big unit, I got busted up in my feet, right ankle and back in three places plus 8 ribs dislocated with 4 broken.

I had over $50K into this unit but I'll tell you all this...

Until you have that conversation with Jesus about staying or leaving with him, you'll appreciate every ounce of American Steel in these Tahoe's. They may be high in prices, but they are SAFE!!

I got on Cars.com while laid up trying to breath, found another Tahoe exactly like the one I had with 2K more miles on it and I got it for $28K. Jim Taylor Ford in Ruston, LA. I called and put a $500 deposit down and listen, these guys HELD this unit for me for over 4 weeks until I could get my Insurance company to pay off the other one. They even drove it up to my house and parked it out in front of my porch so I could roll out in my wheelchair and check it out. Signed the papers and they were gone, handed me the keys and left. That's service.

So far, I've gotten a brand new PORTED L86 Intake with the 87mm KaTech Throttle body installed with a sweet Dyno Tune from Gwatney Performance Innovations in Jacksonville, AR across from the entrance to the Air Force base.

They did some sensor deletes for me so I can install a bumper/winch combo from Weston HTX. I am also saving to get my exhaust installed. I'm going with a set of Stainless Works Headers, X pipes, and Turbo Mufflers with real dual exhaust.
Check em out on YT.

Later I'll do my lift kit for the front and get my rims and tires I had back on it. IF i can find the Snowflakes.

GOD BLESS and take care,

JJ

This is very sad to hear, but glad you're ok. That must have been a very traumatizing moment for you.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are looking for two vehicles, well one right now and another a little later on, the Denalis come up but they are often far away for the better deals. The 6.2 Sierras however are all 500+ miles away, when they show up!
I live in nyc been looking also and anything worth looking at is far away.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, my daughter found her Sierra in Idaho! Flew out to get it and drove it back!
It’s hard to consider taking a trip and the vehicle not matching the description then having to turn back empty handed. Or at least that’s what I keep thinking.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is, indeed. That is why I generally prefer to buy from new car dealers as they have more on the line, aren't likely to be shady, and they don't generally take offence if you pass. I would never drive very far to check out a vehicle from a little car lot, so far every one I've ever looked at was "buy here pay here quality." I bought both of my current trucks from new car dealers 3 hours away and the salesman at both stores sent me between 80 and 100 pictures of everything I asked to see and all I really needed to do once I got there was a test drive.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to consider taking a trip and the vehicle not matching the description then having to turn back empty handed. Or at least that’s what I keep thinking.

Well, we do our due diligence and also seek the guidance of the Lord. When He gives us peace about something, we know it is the right thing to do. This truck was purchased from a GMC dealer, mine was bought from a little fly-by-nite as was our Montana. When both salesman tell you they've been driving the cars for a year, you know they are good!

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should I avoid something with 200, on the clock? I’m looking for an esv, Denali xl, or Burban leaning more towards an esv

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons