Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Gonna need to get those 2 oem heater hose clamps that go into the heater core on the firewall. Gf was out all day and the temp gauge didn't go past 160.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonna need to get those 2 oem heater hose clamps that go into the heater core on the firewall. Gf was out all day and the temp gauge didn't go past 160.
What do those have to do with the engine temp?

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
What do those have to do with the engine temp?
The system isn't pressurizing, so it won't allow it to get up to temp. I had mentioned this past weekend while pulling the plugs, I guess I must've put some pressure on the one line because a few drops of coolant dropped on the coil directly under it. I pushed the connection in, hoping that would've fixed it. It didn't.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The system isn't pressurizing, so it won't allow it to get up to temp. I had mentioned this past weekend while pulling the plugs, I guess I must've put some pressure on the one line because a few drops of coolant dropped on the coil directly under it. I pushed the connection in, hoping that would've fixed it. It didn't.
So it’s leaking? Because if it isn’t pressurizing then it would be blowing out there, releasing the pressure wouldn’t it? I know when I cracked one of those, coolant was blowing out of it as soon as I started the engine.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So it’s leaking? Because if it isn’t pressurizing then it would be blowing out there, releasing the pressure wouldn’t it? I know when I cracked one of those, coolant was blowing out of it as soon as I started the engine.
Idk, it leaked that little bit initially, but then nothing else. Nothing else has given me trouble. What else could it be? Pressurized fine before that happened.
Could the thermostat be stuck open? Was heat the working?
Yup, heat worked great, no issue there.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk, it leaked that little bit initially, but then nothing else. Nothing else has given me trouble. What else could it be? Pressurized fine before that happened.

Yup, heat worked great, no issue there.
Check the temp sensor. If your heat is working fine, its circulating

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aye_rod

Latest posts