Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets just say we shouldn’t have been out there. We spent the rest of the night without power after the other storm went through.

One summer we had a real bad storm blow up on us out of nowhere on our small local riverway. At the time I had a 21' Renken inboard. Wind got so bad it was blowing the smaller crafts right into the shore lines/trees. I towed 3 of them to the dock. Let them all pull their shit out off the ramp. Then it got REAL bad. We started getting 2-3' rollers and whitecaps, worst I ever seen it in my life for that little river.

I was f'd, had to ride it out. No way in hell I could go anywhere near the dock or shoreline I would have gotten smashed to pieces. I just tried to keep in the middle, let the wind blow me sideways, turn into it and motor back up some, back and forth trying to wait it out. I looked downstream from me and there was a water/funnel. Not a legitimate tornado but a very big circulation of wind/rain/debris the full width of the river and about 100' high.

Luckily it was moving away and things eventually settled down enough to come into dock. Everybody that was there all waited and watched to make sure I got in safe. Definitely one for the books.

I know that don't sound like that much compared to what goes on on bigger bodies of water but this river is basically a large creek so it was not the norm at all to experience those conditions.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One summer we had a real bad storm blow up on us out of nowhere on our small local riverway. At the time I had a 21' Renken inboard. Wind got so bad it was blowing the smaller crafts right into the shore lines/trees. I towed 3 of them to the dock. Let them all pull their shit out off the ramp. Then it got REAL bad. We started getting 2-3' rollers and whitecaps, worst I ever seen it in my life for that little river.

I was f'd, had to ride it out. No way in hell I could go anywhere near the dock or shoreline I would have gotten smashed to pieces. I just tried to keep in the middle, let the wind blow me sideways, turn into it and motor back up some, back and forth trying to wait it out. I looked downstream from me and there was a water/funnel. Not a legitimate tornado but a very big circulation of wind/rain/debris the full width of the river and about 100' high.

Luckily it was moving away and things eventually settled down enough to come into dock. Everybody that was there all waited and watched to make sure I got in safe. Definitely one for the books.

I know that don't sound like that much compared to what goes on on bigger bodies of water but this river is basically a large creek so it was not the norm at all to experience those conditions.

d78ad0a5-f675-4db6-b6d4-5f3e72a12943_text.gif

...And you tell it so well, with such enthusiasm. I almost needed to take a Dramamine tablet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeG1302