Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
4) Weird exhaust sound kinda makes me think timing is off but the other symptoms don't match that so I go back to improper fuel and/or spark.
Something with the tune you think? Gonna try to get another belt tomorrow. I googled for an 05 Silverado HD 2500 with 6.0 and 160 amp alt. Came up with this acdelco 6k930.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something with the tune you think? Gonna try to get another belt tomorrow. I googled for an 05 Silverado HD 2500 with 6.0 and 160 amp alt. Came up with this acdelco 6k930.

I have no ideas on what belt I'm still running the one the Tahoe came with, and on my Silverado I have almost a dozen custom 8 rib belts I bought off another forum lol. But I have had belt slip at high rpm cause other issues so I'd get that dialed and it might fix the problem. Especially since you are close to maxing the injectors and pump already.

If that doesn't work look for all the usual little stuff then look at a tune. I just don't see 1.5 points of compression making that huge of a difference.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have no ideas on what belt I'm still running the one the Tahoe came with, and on my Silverado I have almost a dozen custom 8 rib belts I bought off another forum lol. But I have had belt slip at high rpm cause other issues so I'd get that dialed and it might fix the problem. Especially since you are close to maxing the injectors and pump already.

If that doesn't work look for all the usual little stuff then look at a tune. I just don't see 1.5 points of compression making that huge of a difference.
Ok. Thx for the advice. I hope a proper belt will fix my problem, but......:mad::mad:.....

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Watch your voltage gauge as you get on it and see if it drops. Also do your pulleys have any black powder or residue around them? It's a tell tale sign of belt slip.
I didn't notice any voltage drop, but I wasn't looking foe it either. I did see some residue today on the new pulley I installed.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't notice any voltage drop, but I wasn't looking foe it either. I did see some residue today on the new pulley I installed.

Blowers cause belt slip and I had tons of issues when I ran a 6 rib belt. Can't say I ever had fuel pressure drop because of it but I also have a hotwire fuel pump and other upgrades so I wouldn't rule it out on your setup.

Also try to look in your mirrors when you do it. If its puffing black smoke then it's getting plenty of fuel and is likely a spark issue.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Blowers cause belt slip and I had tons of issues when I ran a 6 rib belt. Can't say I ever had fuel pressure drop because of it but I also have a hotwire fuel pump and other upgrades so I wouldn't rule it out on your setup.

Also try to look in your mirrors when you do it. If its puffing black smoke then it's getting plenty of fuel and is likely a spark issue.
Will do. At idle the exhaust looks normal--if that counts for anything.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m feeling your pain, Tony. I wish you had a BB tune, Justin would help you figure this out. Sorry for your troubles but I’m no help I’m afraid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia