Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
New dilemma:
When you're really getting on the gas it kind of sounds like it's breaking up a little bit. It doesn't sound bad but you can hear it. There is no check engine light coming on. When it's in park and you rev it it sounds fine, it only does it when you're driving and you get on it a little bit. I just noticed it today, also doesn't seem as fast as it should be. I asked my son about it and he says maybe a clogged injector. Possibly plugs or wires? Opinions anyone?
Also--keeps throwing the belt. I just remembered--when I went with a higher amp alt the stock belt was too small. I was thinking maybe this one stretched some so now there's more play in it then there should be. Shouldn't the idler take that slack up?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
New dilemma:
When you're really getting on the gas it kind of sounds like it's breaking up a little bit. It doesn't sound bad but you can hear it. There is no check engine light coming on. When it's in park and you rev it it sounds fine, it only does it when you're driving and you get on it a little bit. I just noticed it today, also doesn't seem as fast as it should be. I asked my son about it and he says maybe a clogged injector. Possibly plugs or wires? Opinions anyone?
Also--keeps throwing the belt. I just remembered--when I went with a higher amp alt the stock belt was too small. I was thinking maybe this one stretched some so now there's more play in it then there should be. Shouldn't the idler take that slack up?
How much gas is in the tank? You having the same issue as @iamdub was with gas rolling back under WOT?

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you you ever look into whether or not this new engine had the same injectors? if they are different you could be running lean and its KR you feel pulling timing making it feel slow or weak.

knock sensors dont work till the engine is warmed up, so in theory if it feels stronger when it cold still shes got knock for some reason.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Didn't you get the right belt to match the upgraded alternator? The belt tensioner can take up only so much slack, but if the belt was too small, the tensioner would be too tight.