Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^This^^^
If you have not done it already, I think you need to have a man-to-man conversation with the guy. Don’t need to be threatening, just straight forward. Spell out the fact that you have been waiting for a long time and that you can’t just sit and wait for him any longer because you simply need your Tahoe back up and running.. Ask him what it will take to actually get him to fix your truck. Tell him it is starting to affect your friendship and that is not what you want, but the fact is, as a friend you would think he would seem to have a little more interest in helping you out than what has been going on. Offering to fix your truck for a low price and actually getting it fixed is doing you a favor as a friend. Stringing you out like this is not how friends work. You need to ask him to man up and either commit to finishing the job and tell you what it will take to do it, or tell you he doesn’t want to do it. At least that way you know exactly where you stand and can make decisions based on that.

I’m pulling for you my friend.

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^This^^^
If you have not done it already, I think you need to have a man-to-man conversation with the guy. Don’t need to be threatening, just straight forward. Spell out the fact that you have been waiting for a long time and that you can’t just sit and wait for him any longer because you simply need your Tahoe back up and running.. Ask him what it will take to actually get him to fix your truck. Tell him it is starting to affect your friendship and that is not what you want, but the fact is, as a friend you would think he would seem to have a little more interest in helping you out than what has been going on. Offering to fix your truck for a low price and actually getting it fixed is doing you a favor as a friend. Stringing you out like this is not how friends work. You need to ask him to man up and either commit to finishing the job and tell you what it will take to do it, or tell you he doesn’t want to do it. At least that way you know exactly where you stand and can make decisions based on that.

^^THIS^^ x2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
^^^This^^^

^^THIS^^ x2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3X

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I talked to him yesterday. Says he won't be able to get to it until 2 weeks--at least. I did remind him how long he's had it, and that I wasn't happy about it, also told him he's taking in too much work that he can't handle--winter is coming, I need and want my truck back, and my van is a POS!! Funny, because my van did break down yesterday. Needed a starter AND battery. I also reminded him that I've known him 8 years, and he was way more reliable doing work as a side job instead of doing it as a business. Says he can't find a good running motor. I reminded him about the cl motor ad I sent him. He said it was a good price--if it ran(motor was already pulled). He doesn't want to get a motor without seeing it run 1st. I actually agreed with him on that one. He said he's going to probably have to give me his motor that he was going to use for something. I was looking dead in his face like I could care less! So.....the saga continues. I will talk to him again in 2 weeks....I guess.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two weeks is BS, because that will turn in to 4 and so on. He’s hoping that you will eventually get frustrated and take it someplace else. Time to cut the cord and go someplace else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts