Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully that doesn't sound like total rambling and maybe someone smarter will fact check me. I'm definitely new to the tooning thing but I quit reading war books before bed and have been reading ECUs for dummies :jester:
Can I borrow it when you’re done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I borrow it when you’re done?

Haha I don't actually have a book mostly HPtuners forum, goat rope garage on youtube, Atomic Fab and Perf gives me tips if I get stuck since I did pay him previously to tune my stuff, and of course trial and error since every engine is different and theres not a lot of info on manual trans tuning with big heavy trucks. Engines act different under heavy loads and most manual stuff is vettes and cameros.

Doesn't that give you nightmares?

Tuning or war stories?

Bear77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha I don't actually have a book mostly HPtuners forum, goat rope garage on youtube, Atomic Fab and Perf gives me tips if I get stuck since I did pay him previously to tune my stuff, and of course trial and error since every engine is different and theres not a lot of info on manual trans tuning with big heavy trucks. Engines act different under heavy loads and most manual stuff is vettes and cameros.

Tuning or war stories?
Tuning...I don’t have a clue to even know where to get started or how. My Denali is all stock except for an alternator change and efans

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tuning...I don’t have a clue to even know where to get started or how. My Denali is all stock except for an alternator change and efans

Its best to start with a totally stock truck because it already runs good and you can't really hurt it you less you get really silly.

It's not for everyone because it's time consuming and can be very frustrating. But it's awesome because you can make huge changes to performance and other things without spending any money, once you have the stuff to tune of course.

This guy has the best YT videos I've found. I have to watch them and pause after every sentence to absorb what he says while also following along at the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10