Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two weeks is BS, because that will turn in to 4 and so on. He’s hoping that you will eventually get frustrated and take it someplace else. Time to cut the cord and go someplace else.

It’s clear to me that he is buying time in 2-3-4 week increments when he says “at least 2 weeks”. It’s an old trick used by schemers forever. You hear about it all the time with shady contractors or shops. It’s a diversion tactic to not do any work for the near future and it never ends, because there’s no specific time scheduled for work on your stuff so it never gets done. It just gets put off for another 2-3 weeks over and over. You HAVE to get him to schedule you in, and it’s clear he has another motor but he just doesn’t want you to have it. Offer some money like I said on payments after it’s done, but tell him you MUST have a scheduled time to do the work and he has to stick to it.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look on car-part.com there has to be a junkyard near you that has a good 6.0 motor they might even have a video of it running or you might be able to see it running before it’s removed, I’d be very cautious about this motor he has, he might say it’s good etc. then 6 months down the road it goes and your in the same situation again, in my eyes you don’t owe him any $ for a new motor but find a good running motor and show it to him and offer to pay half back at your pace once it’s up and running if needed, you shouldn’t have to but it might speed things up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I feel like I have no choice. Gonna leave it there. I don't have $$ or a place to put it--so again I'm stuck. I'm gonna wait the 2 weeks and go from there. I keep saying I have no choice, and I really do mean I have no choice.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like I have no choice. Gonna leave it there. I don't have $$ or a place to put it--so again I'm stuck. I'm gonna wait the 2 weeks and go from there. I keep saying I have no choice, and I really do mean I have no choice.
Do not like. I agree with Mark. He’s stringing this along in smallish increments. If he never commits to a time, he’s never going to do the work. Regardless of this status as a “side job” or otherwise, at this point, it should take top ******* priority, and get it done.
You saved what, $500 on the work, and he’s had it for how many months? The “savings” are long past for this job. I think he needs a more serious conversation with some of your friends... honestly, there is just no excuse for this shit.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Do not like. I agree with Mark. He’s stringing this along in smallish increments. If he never commits to a time, he’s never going to do the work. Regardless of this status as a “side job” or otherwise, at this point, it should take top ******* priority, and get it done.
You saved what, $500 on the work, and he’s had it for how many months? The “savings” are long past for this job. I think he needs a more serious conversation with some of your friends... honestly, there is just no excuse for this shit.
I agree--but I'm gonna see where we are in 2 weeks. I'm not gonna start putting my personal business out there--but believe me, I thought he was doing me a favor at the time. I really can't afford to bring it or go anywhere else. So basically I have no choice but to wait the 2 weeks, then go from there. Hoping he'll do the right thing.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's literally 100's of thousands of these motors out there and he's having a hard time finding ONE for sale that he can hear run first? That's the biggest load of BS I've ever heard.

Only one word for this.....wow!

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's literally 100's of thousands of these motors out there and he's having a hard time finding ONE for sale that he can hear run first? That's the biggest load of BS I've ever heard.

Only one word for this.....wow!

I agree they are out there and if he has to spend more to get one then oh well that's his fault.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos