Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Love the sarcasm in that last text! [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm trying to maintain my composure--but it's getting real hard to now. I can be a real fu$@ing a$$hole when I need to--but I'm trying not to---TRYING!!! It's getting really hard tho......

Sick 95 Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok guys, I've bowed to the pressure and I'm starting my build thread. I'm going to try to remember them in order, but it's been an ongoing process, so I'm a little foggy. I started with a bone stock 03 Tahoe, with 212,000 miles. Did duty as a real estate shuttle vehicle, so I'd have to assume all required maintenance was performed as I didn't receive any maintenance records. Came with the 4.8, 4wd and as a nice bonus the 3.73 rear. All the usual options, no onstar, Bose or moon roof, which is perfectly fine with me.
On to the mods.
Very first mod I did was to replace my front bumper, my original had a big dent in the center. Replaced it with a good used one. 2nd mod was to plastidip my stock Tahoe rims. Had the usual clear coat issues. View attachment 79874
I figured I might as well do my belt mouldings, as they looked a little faded and I hated the fake plastic chrome. I also dipped the stock chrome grill, as it had seen better days.View attachment 79891 View attachment 79875I then removed the lower plastic plates that blocked some vent openings. Get some more air flow in there. Can't hurt, right?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to maintain my composure--but it's getting real hard to now.
I’d be more direct myself, something along the line of “ dude I need to get my truck running, what do we need to make it happen? This engine would work, we need to get it”. F the sarcasm, it’s not gonna work on him. I mean if you need to owe him some money then he should be ok with that, he owns a shop and he’s your friend. Maybe offer to split the cost of that motor and tell him you’ll make payments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo