Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYCMIKE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to lift my 15 Tahoe. Want something minor. Already decided on the leveling kit from crown suspension 1.5 rear and 3 front. Want to run 33" AT's. I do mostly highway driving so want tires that dont suck lol. Not too noisy, dont wear too easily and good in ice and snow that wont break the bank. (20x9 wheels). Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see a few people mentioning the wear on them is too quick? Anyone else feel otherwise? I would be satisfied with 40k

Proper rotation and limiting tire abuse aka burnouts and heavy off-roading will get you to 40k on any decent set of ATs. Go with a name brand, BF, Mickey Thompson has some really nice ATs out right now, Nittos run true and smooth, just pick which ever fits your bill for warranty price and style.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see a few people mentioning the wear on them is too quick? Anyone else feel otherwise? I would be satisfied with 40k

Those that see the shortest life are also the ones that run the least amount of air in them, generally speaking.

Mine wore down quick while I had too little air in them but in the last 6000 miles there has been no measurable wear. Just over 20K miles on my set now and down 1/3 tread depth, from 15/32 to 10/32.

OP
OP
NYCMIKE

NYCMIKE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Proper rotation and limiting tire abuse aka burnouts and heavy off-roading will get you to 40k on any decent set of ATs. Go with a name brand, BF, Mickey Thompson has some really nice ATs out right now, Nittos run true and smooth, just pick which ever fits your bill for warranty price and style.
How about noise wise?

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about noise wise?

I’m not sure on which would be the quietest. Probably Nitto, Toyo, or Mickey Thompson would just be my guess from what people have reported. The bigger the space between the lugs the louder the tire but the better the traction off-road. Snow is all about a good wide contact patch with lots of siping. Seems like you would like an AT with a tight lug pattern to keep noise down and lots of siping for good snow and rain traction.

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to lift my 15 Tahoe. Want something minor. Already decided on the leveling kit from crown suspension 1.5 rear and 3 front. Want to run 33" AT's. I do mostly highway driving so want tires that dont suck lol. Not too noisy, dont wear too easily and good in ice and snow that wont break the bank. (20x9 wheels). Any suggestions?

Good luck with your search, if you find those tires let us know. They are probably for sale right next to the Unicorns and a pot of gold. ;-)

In all seriousness, everyone has there own opinion of what runs good, and tires seem to wear differently on everybody's truck. As long as you get what you like, rotate frequently, and keep the pressure where it should be....that's about all you can ask for, IMHO. I don't think you can go wrong with most of the major tire brands, especially if you pay what you want for them. Good Luck.

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Did you install the 3” lift?

OP
OP
NYCMIKE

NYCMIKE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you install the 3” lift?
Not yet. Lift will be in on Monday but wheels wont be in for 7-10 days. So about 2 weeks till I can get it all together

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71