Antennas sticking outa my tires!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I haven't installed it in its final configuration yet, so until I do the unit will ride on the transmission hump plugged into the usb outlet until I know it works reliably.
I plugged it in and followed the instructions and it worked! Just like that all my tires are reading 35 psi. Most importantly my scrolling message and flashing light is GONE!
My biggest concern is overall longevity and continuous use of the product. Only time will tell. Ive only driven about 6-7 miles today with it installed and so far so good.
Ill ride with it for a week or two and then Ill install it next to the BCM and out of the way.

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably about $10 worth of circuit board and electronic components.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

You're probably right but it takes someone who knows how to build and then program the circuitry not only to transmit a reoccurring 315MHz signal but to transmit one with the correct data packets as well.
$100 bucks hurts, Ill be brewing my own coffee for awhile...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I haven't installed it in its final configuration yet, so until I do the unit will ride on the transmission hump plugged into the usb outlet until I know it works reliably.
I plugged it in and followed the instructions and it worked! Just like that all my tires are reading 35 psi. Most importantly my scrolling message and flashing light is GONE!
My biggest concern is overall longevity and continuous use of the product. Only time will tell. Ive only driven about 6-7 miles today with it installed and so far so good.
Ill ride with it for a week or two and then Ill install it next to the BCM and out of the way.
That’s pretty cool.

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Testing..
Took truck for a 10 mile drive without the TPMS delete box. The "Check Tire Monitoring System" light came back on.
Plugged the box back in (without re-pairing) and took it for another spin. The "Check Tire Monitoring System" light went off in a matter of minutes.
This is looking good...

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures of the inside of this magic box coming soon. I've asked the seller if I could run it without the internal battery source and he gave me the go ahead. This confirms that the battery isn't needed for retaining any programmed memory, very good news!
Id like to also say this seller has been great to deal with, most of my questions have been answered within a days time, and his E*ay feedback also says allot about his product as well.
Like I mentioned before, I will be using a 12v to micro USB converter so that this unit wont be hogging one of my USB ports Ive got installed in the dash. Id like to install it where it will be accessible but out of the way and out of sight.
...more to come soon!

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and here she is in all her glory, open and exposed..;) (now I feel all dirty inside)..
The 3D printing is even more evident, one of the screw barrels fell off when taking out the screws. I would have been more impressed if there was shrink tubing on the exposed wires, but at least there soldered and not just twisted together. Removable battery sled, housing a single rechargeable 16340. Wires are plugged into the back side of the board. PC board actually looks to be well made.
Ive been questioning the use of a 3D printed box until I recently tried purchasing the regular/standard electronic project box from local sources...nope! All gone, not a single box on the shelf due to the China tariffs, and maybe this is why?

20190730_174744.jpg

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700