Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Toyo AT IIs Extremes and love them on my 11. They are actually quieter than the stock goodyears and look great. I think the KO2s look slightly better on OEM wheels (so may get a pair for my 17), but the toyos look amazing on aftermarket width wheels. You get what you pay for with tires in my opinion.

iras1976

Reaction score
Looking to lift my 15 Tahoe. Want something minor. Already decided on the leveling kit from crown suspension 1.5 rear and 3 front. Want to run 33" AT's. I do mostly highway driving so want tires that dont suck lol. Not too noisy, dont wear too easily and good in ice and snow that wont break the bank. (20x9 wheels). Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I have a 2015 suburban with 167k , I've been through a lot of tires . I think that if you want the best possible tire with the characteristics that you described, especially not breaking the bank , the Cooper Discoverer is what you're looking for . Discover HT plus is a quieter highway with good grip , and the Discoverer AT3 is slightly more aggressive but not a totally rugged and noisy tire . Last time I checked , Walmart had some good deals on them . If you want to spend a little more , I'd recommend the Bridgestone dueler HL alenza. Pirelli just changed the tread pattern on the ATR tire , so you can find some deals on the old pattern . I actually really liked the old pattern , I'd just suggest you buy an extra 2 since its discontinued and you may have a hard time finding them if you have to replace it .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

iras1976

Reaction score
Looking to lift my 15 Tahoe. Want something minor. Already decided on the leveling kit from crown suspension 1.5 rear and 3 front. Want to run 33" AT's. I do mostly highway driving so want tires that dont suck lol. Not too noisy, dont wear too easily and good in ice and snow that wont break the bank. (20x9 wheels). Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Ps .... the Zeons are pretty sick 20190128_123034.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My truck came with Rugged Trail T/As in Load Range E. The truck did not coast and felt like it had a high stall torque converter. Does yours feel like that? I went with same tire as yours in C-ply and it coasts and doesn't feel like a 3000 stall converter anymore to get moving.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck came with Rugged Trail T/As in Load Range E. The truck did not coast and felt like it had a high stall torque converter. Does yours feel like that? I went with same tire as yours in C-ply and it coasts and doesn't feel like a 3000 stall converter anymore to get moving.

Naw I don't notice any of that, feels fine to me. Get's rolling pretty fast, coasts nice, not a lot of feedback on or off road. The fronts do scrub the ground a bit turning sharp and slow. Maybe a slight wander on severely rutted asphalt. I'm too happy with them to even think about any of the negatives. And they look damn good. Now I only have about 10K on these so I have no high mileage experience to share, and don't plan to. Once the water sipes get worn down and I have a half tread left or so or start to notice some decrease in desired handling characteristics, off they will come and get sold used on CL to some kid for his beater and I'll slap new ones on. Not worried about that. I do miss the old school original sidewalls, these are kind of busy looking but I am used to it now. That road trip I mentioned a week or two ago that I took, I was really shocked how quiet they were and handled running 80 MPH down the pike. My brother rode along and he was even like, "Damn, they are pretty quiet for an All Terrain!."

Oh, I miss using the 4WD too.. :D

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Naw I don't notice any of that, feels fine to me. Get's rolling pretty fast, coasts nice, not a lot of feedback on or off road. The fronts do scrub the ground a bit turning sharp and slow. Maybe a slight wander on severely rutted asphalt. I'm too happy with them to even think about any of the negatives. And they look damn good. Now I only have about 10K on these so I have no high mileage experience to share, and don't plan to. Once the water sipes get worn down and I have a half tread left or so or start to notice some decrease in desired handling characteristics, off they will come and get sold used on CL to some kid for his beater and I'll slap new ones on. Not worried about that. I do miss the old school original sidewalls, these are kind of busy looking but I am used to it now. That road trip I mentioned a week or two ago that I took, I was really shocked how quiet they were and handled running 80 MPH down the pike. My brother rode along and he was even like, "Damn, they are pretty quiet for an All Terrain!."

Oh, I miss using the 4WD too.. :D

I know, with these tires even those rare occasions where 4WD was needed, the KO2s take care of that now! I'm around 20K and about 1/3 down on tread. I was thinking along the same lines, wait another year and sell them off for new ones.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know, with these tires even those rare occasions where 4WD was needed, the KO2s take care of that now! I'm around 20K and about 1/3 down on tread. I was thinking along the same lines, wait another year and sell them off for new ones.

Yeah man. Also I am mistaken, I took a look last night and mine are the load class "C".

IMG_0629[1].JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094