Tina coming Back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McBuck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cliffs notes.
She’s a 04 Z71
Son had her from 59k to 160k
I bought her for $2500 then put $1500 work into her including a leveling kit. He bought her back for $4000, had the tran rebuilt solid and added some BFG K02’s
I want to say 285’s but I may be wrong in the size. Now about to buy her back $3000
I think she has about 220k-230k
Only needs I know if are a headliner and maybe a panel repair on driver seat.
Thoughts ?
3A1B68A5-B156-46B8-AF17-44B929056233.jpeg

OP
OP
McBuck

McBuck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Kind of thought that may be the response. She does need a new headliner, and knowing my son the carpet needs shampooing again. Probably just take her to the detail ship and get a good detail.. buffed, carpet clean full house detail.
The get the headliner replaced. Son is in the fly fishing industry and was notorious to stick flies in the headliner.
After that, about the only thing I want to do is get her an electric fan set up.
What should a headliner replacement run me? $400-$500 ?? I’m in north Georgia

OP
OP
McBuck

McBuck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had to do a little rocker panel work when I had her first time. I popped my cherry on some very light bondo work and it actually turned out pretty good believe it or not. Good thing it was only a couple of spots about the size of a quarter.
Very nice! $3k is a bargain! Mine was was twice that and not quite as good in terms of rocker panel issues I have. Mechanically, mine was pretty good. Ran great!

But yours for $3k... Jump on that opportunity.

Last edited:
OP
OP
McBuck

McBuck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you wanna turn a quick buck I'll bring you $3500 for it soon as you buy it :Big Laugh:
Well, let me run a gallon of gas through her first! I’ve not driven her in two years, so I’m hoping she hasn’t changed that much. I took a ride a few months back and all was well. Im sure the mileage has creeped up tho.
I did get a price on a headliner for $375 and a seat panel at $75
So far so good on the rehab.
I’ll post pics as soon as I can.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mileage is only slightly higher than mine. Mine is about 210k and runs great! If yours is still going strong, I would not even think twice about the mileage even at 250k. Worst case... New motor, transmission or whatever it needs to go another 100k. For the cost, I think it is still worth it.

Don't let @Alex_M nickel and dime you... I'll go $3,550, but the air fresheners and pocket change in the console stay with the truck!

(LOL - Just having a little fun with ya! $3,550 is too rich for me. I am part of the "working poor" class. Two jobs and hardly have two nickels to rub together...)

You have a great truck to continue picking away at little things that make it nice for yourself. Enjoy and keep us posted on what is going on.

Last edited:

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a headliner replaced in 4-door dodge Dakota 6 years ago in Norcross, man came to my office and spent less than 2 hours, no bad smell after, headliner looked factory and charged was under $200, I recall thinking how inexpensive it was. Sold Dakota last year and headliner still looked factory.

I just looked and apparently I don't have his info anymore.

OP
OP
McBuck

McBuck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found a local guy that will do it for $375 I think he said And he can w some rave reviews from some folks I know, so I’m happy w that. I’ll post pics as things evolve.