I am fretting over the tires I ordered for my new Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88m53453

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Last week I ordered 285 50 22 Yokohama Geolander A/T G015's to replace my stock Bridgestones 275 50-22 street tires. I had originally decided on the Nitto Recon Grappler, but then when I was doing internet research, it seemed apparent that the Geolander would really be a better snow/rain tire than the Nitto. What I was reading is that the Nitto has limited siping and has not enough spaces between the tread blocks to dissipate water on the road. So the Geolander is probably a better tire (based on what I have read) than the Nitto for my needs right now. I have a Z71 suburban and a Jeep Grand Cherokee for my off gravel road fishing trips, so I don't have to have an aggressive tread tire on the Denali. My hesitancy comes from the fact that the Geolander has very limited side wall tread, and a not so aggressive tread in general, which takes away from the off-road look. I was really hoping to gain some off road look for this rig as it is on the "fancy" side for my liking. If I had my druthers, I would have ordered BFG K02, but the closest size they come in is the 295 50 22. Discount tire is saying that putting this tire on is not a good ide as the rim is 9" wide and the K02 is 11.6" wide.. The Yokohama is 11.2" which is in the acceptable range apparently. It is possible that I will like the looks of the Geolander, but I wont know until it is on the rim... Then it is too late, no going back at that point.. I think at this point I could still return the Geolanders that are on order (Ihave not paid a deposit) and just pay a small re-stocking fee as long as I buy my tires at Discount Tire. Am I being silly about the appearance? The Geolanders are also $550 less $ than the BFG. I would appreciate any feedback on this.
I have gotten 70-80,000 miles out of geolanders. I have since switched to Firestone Destination Le 3 with similar experience

MAG17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Last week I ordered 285 50 22 Yokohama Geolander A/T G015's to replace my stock Bridgestones 275 50-22 street tires. I had originally decided on the Nitto Recon Grappler, but then when I was doing internet research, it seemed apparent that the Geolander would really be a better snow/rain tire than the Nitto. What I was reading is that the Nitto has limited siping and has not enough spaces between the tread blocks to dissipate water on the road. So the Geolander is probably a better tire (based on what I have read) than the Nitto for my needs right now. I have a Z71 suburban and a Jeep Grand Cherokee for my off gravel road fishing trips, so I don't have to have an aggressive tread tire on the Denali. My hesitancy comes from the fact that the Geolander has very limited side wall tread, and a not so aggressive tread in general, which takes away from the off-road look. I was really hoping to gain some off road look for this rig as it is on the "fancy" side for my liking. If I had my druthers, I would have ordered BFG K02, but the closest size they come in is the 295 50 22. Discount tire is saying that putting this tire on is not a good ide as the rim is 9" wide and the K02 is 11.6" wide.. The Yokohama is 11.2" which is in the acceptable range apparently. It is possible that I will like the looks of the Geolander, but I wont know until it is on the rim... Then it is too late, no going back at that point.. I think at this point I could still return the Geolanders that are on order (Ihave not paid a deposit) and just pay a small re-stocking fee as long as I buy my tires at Discount Tire. Am I being silly about the appearance? The Geolanders are also $550 less $ than the BFG. I would appreciate any feedback on this.
Just read your post and was wondering how things turned out with the Geolander AT's?
I am looking for an aggressive look for my 16 Yukon Denali. Show some pictures of your Rig if you have em.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
img_3769-jpeg.jpg
24x10 on 33/12.50s
If you don't click to expand it, you won't get it.

Hey Butt-head. What do you want Beavis? Check it out. Those tires say
Come force her.
Inane laughter ensues, continues until Beavis needs breaks from gasping for air ...

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
If you don't click to expand it, you won't get it.

Hey Butt-head. What do you want Beavis? Check it out. Those tires say
Come force her.
Inane laughter ensues, continues until Beavis needs breaks from gasping for air ...
I’m tickled lmao

OP
OP
Jocko PDX

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read your post and was wondering how things turned out with the Geolander AT's?
I am looking for an aggressive look for my 16 Yukon Denali. Show some pictures of your Rig if you have em.

Attachments

• T2.jpg
    T2.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 7
  • tire.jpg
    tire.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan